Forest v Derby Match thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

Forest v Derby Match thread

442 was worth a try but it very obviously didn’t work. For the first time our fullbacks looked awful so I am hoping that was due to the formation as well.

I think Hughton is quickly learning about his squad and it’s no fluke that Yates is getting the nod each game.

Very very poor again can't understand why we didn't use any other subs why is it that whoever we are playing against always seem to move the ball quicker than we do and always seem to have runners going in to space.
We have learnt nothing it seems still giving away stupid free kicks, some of them a bit soft agreed, but if you keep nudging, pushing, pulling, diving in when no need and no chance of getting the ball etc it gives the ref the opportunity to give those decisions.
Got away with one really on another day their second goal would have stood though I have to say I think the decision was correct and more of those should be given off side.
Taylor seems to give 100% which is great, but I don't think he's the answer to our centre forward issues.
Overall another really disappointing performance it seems that Knockaert who did well aside it doesn't matter how good a player is when we sign them as soon as they pull on a Forest shirt it has the same effect as a straight jacket

I think we got away with that.

Our fullbacks were objectionably poor

Not impressed with Lounoou, or however you spell his fucking name, at all he cannot do simple things like pass a ball 5 yards

He can put a good cross in

Some on here were bigging him up before he signed and I wasn't impressed at the time ..you just had to look at where he has played

I'm hoping he gets better because for some reason Riberio is getting over looked and is a much better player

Better second half. A draw a fair result, still, in the second half apart from the goal nd some crosses their keeper didnt have much to do.
We were lucky with their disallowed goal, it could have gone either way.
It seems CH doesnt like using the three subs, thought that he could have brought Freeman in for the last 20 minutes, instead of Lolley.
Christie nd Ionnou had a mixed game, good at times but dangerous moves as well.
Yates and Arter solid. Created nothing but solid enough, apart from the last 10 minutes where Derby were winning every ball in midfield.
Knockart was quality when he came in, will be class if he continues to improve nd gel with ths rest of the forward line.
Taylor much better than Grabban. If the Grosici deal goes ahead, it will be Ameobi that will lose his place nd will not be surprised if Lolley is rested for the next game nd Freeman starts
All in all a fair result, nd we r still far away from being a dominant nd promotion chasing team.

I don’t actually agree that our full backs were all round terrible. I though Ioannou went from liability to making crucial tackles every 30 seconds. I honestly cannot make my mind up on him!

Christie is poor defensively - god I miss Cash.

Both full backs were fine in the second half; unfortunately we were chasing the game again in the second half.

All of the EXPERTS who have been crying out for 4 4 2 will now be blaming Yates or Christie or Ioannou instead of the real culprit, Hughton.

You cannot concede midfield against any team, yet we attempted to do just that in a local derby.

Disappointed he didnt make more changes .

Average performance nothing to write home about. Poor first half, better in 2nd.

Good to see taylor score but not sure his all around game is great. Seemed to be blowing for the last 30 mins.

Dearie me indeed.

I saw nothing tonight to change my mind about us being in a relegation battle for the foreseeable future. I think CH will have us safe enough in time but we aren't half as good as we look on paper.

The biggest problem is that our central midfield is fairly immobile. We have too many center mids that are in their 30s with nobody to do the running. All of Derby's young guns looked super charged compared to our lot.

Taylor needs to stay on his feet. Ameobi, Christie and Ioannu guilty of endless stupid fouls. Only Knockaert seems to understand that you don't need 5 or 6 touches before putting a cross in. Samba's positioning for the free kick was suspect.

We make so many little basic errors throughout games that really infuriate me.

At least we didn't lose, thats something.

Not impressed with Lounoou, or however you spell his fucking name, at all he cannot do simple things like pass a ball 5 yards

He can put a good cross in

Some on here were bigging him up before he signed and I wasn't impressed at the time ..you just had to look at where he has played

I'm hoping he gets better because for some reason Riberio is getting over looked and is a much better player

Is he fuck. Ribeiro is shit. He hoofs as soon as he doesn't have a 5yrd pass on

Very very poor again can't understand why we didn't use any other subs why is it that whoever we are playing against always seem to move the ball quicker than we do and always seem to have runners going in to space.
We have learnt nothing it seems still giving away stupid free kicks, some of them a bit soft agreed, but if you keep nudging, pushing, pulling, diving in when no need and no chance of getting the ball etc it gives the ref the opportunity to give those decisions.
Got away with one really on another day their second goal would have stood though I have to say I think the decision was correct and more of those should be given off side.
Taylor seems to give 100% which is great, but I don't think he's the answer to our centre forward issues.
Overall another really disappointing performance it seems that Knockaert who did well aside it doesn't matter how good a player is when we sign them as soon as they pull on a Forest shirt it has the same effect as a straight jacket

Should of made a bigger effort to get Tovey .

We looked so pedestrian at times. You could see k-nockaert wanting the ball quickly, but we kept slowing things down. Still punting hopeful long balls forward. We looked great for a spell of 5 mins in the 2nd half when they looked like they were tiring, other than that, thought we were poor. Was disappointed in Arter..

Well, frustrating really but feel CH will have learnt a fair bit from today.

We really must stop giving the ball away and making needless fouls cos it wont matter wot fooking formation we play we'll get beat.

The goal, from one of many needless freekicks given away, obviously changed things. Fair play for sticking at it and getting a point. Still early days and CH very much WIP. Lets see what happens next time we meet.

The teams in the top 6-8 get good results this weekend then even the play offs are going to start looking like a mountain to climb

And before anyone goes on about we have 39 games and a million points to go for

This is one of our worst starts ever if not our worst to a season

Do you think our club can pull off something that goes against every thing we do on a regular basis over a season which is making the possible impossible?

Last edited: