Forest v Chelsea match thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

Forest v Chelsea match thread

@orbitalforest

It is not "an absolute crock of shit", it is a statistical fact.

The lowest points total to ever survive is 34, we cannot match that

We will be the lowest scoring (worst) team to ever survive in the Premier League
So what. Survival is the name of the game, we have and you are still miserable,
You should join skip_4 and swap miserable notes on how bad we are.....

This is where I stand.

I think we're now well set up to kick on.
I agree with that up to a point, the nucleus of the team are young and should benefit greatly from what they have been through over the last couple of seasons. We don't need to sign a whole host of players this year, but must be more selective in the additions we make & it's entirely possible we may have to sacrifice one of our better players to finance the signings we need to make.

We need an experienced centre back possibly a slightly younger version of Boly, though I would like him to be given another year as back up. We clearly need a striker who has half a chance of staying fit, and we also need what we have called in my day a midfield general, & possibly yet another goalkeeper (I don't think Sels is the answer) I reckon add them to the majority of the group we have now should see us stabilised.

I would love to see us have a season where aren't constantly looking over our shoulders, we only need to make marginal gains in the areas where we have been found wanting this season IE defending set pieces, better game management, better treatment from PGMOL to achieve that, but don't think Nuno is the man to lead us there

So what. Survival is the name of the game, we have and you are still miserable,
You should join skip_4 and swap miserable notes on how bad we are.....
I'm miserable because I actually went to the game today, I sang my heart out for 90 minutes, I thought we were going to go out on a high and instead I went home pissed off and disappointed- yet again.

I've gone to the CG and done my part, I have the right to feel however I fucking well want about the result

I agree with that up to a point, the nucleus of the team are young and should benefit greatly from what they have been through over the last couple of seasons. We don't need to sign a whole host of players this year, but must be more selective in the additions we make & it's entirely possible we may have to sacrifice one of our better players to finance the signings we need to make.

We need an experienced centre back possibly a slightly younger version of Boly, though I would like him to be given another year as back up. We clearly need a striker who has half a chance of staying fit, and we also need what we have called in my day a midfield general, & possibly yet another goalkeeper (I don't think Sels is the answer) I reckon add them to the majority of the group we have now should see us stabilised.

I would love to see us have a season where aren't constantly looking over our shoulders, we only need to make marginal gains in the areas where we have been found wanting this season IE defending set pieces, better game management to achieve that, but don't think Nuno is the man to lead us there
With Nuno, I always thought he was the wrong man to come in half way through the season. We are lucky to be staying up.
He's not a motivational guy, he's very intelligent, meticulous about tactics and quiet as a person.
I think he'll benefit hugely from a preseason and a transfer window. Some time to plan and get ready to execute.

He never really got any time after he came in. We had the cup replays which didn't help with that, and half our players missing when there was some time off matches.

This defeat was clearly on Nuno.

Its going to be the lowest EPL points total to ever stay up regardless of what happens next week.
Then again, we were deducted points so that's not really fair.
Even so, most seasons we would be relegated.

However, staying where we are earns us more money, and the sustained income over 3 seasons should put us in a place to kick on.
Behave…you can train, set pieces and anything else…if a player leaves someone unmarked that’s on the player

I went and thought great to watch an entertaining game AND WE survived.
Cheer the fuck up.....
We haven't survived.

We and you can't afford to be this arrogant.

It was an entertaining game, definitely. I'm just sick of walking away from entertaining games with no points nearly every time

They certainly don't deserve support like yours.

Eventually you have to vent after what has been a horrendous season. We haven't learned from our mistakes or grown. We have only avoided relegation because the 3 promoted teams were unusually poor.

I've never said anything on here I wouldn't say to someone's face. Never personal.

I won't be celebrating because the failure of others doesn't inspire me. We had seasons of hanging on solely to Derby's fuck ups and that was dismal too.

Eventually you have to vent after what has been a horrendous season. We haven't learned from our mistakes or grown. We have only avoided relegation because the 3 promoted teams were unusually poor.

I've never said anything on here I wouldn't say to someone's face. Never personal.

I won't be celebrating because the failure of others doesn't inspire me. We had seasons of hanging on solely to Derby's fuck ups and that was dismal too.
You've been venting exactly like this on here every single week, what do you mean 'eventually'?

I'm miserable because I actually went to the game today, I sang my heart out for 90 minutes, I thought we were going to go out on a high and instead I went home pissed off and disappointed- yet again.

I've gone to the CG and done my part, I have the right to feel however I fucking well want about the result
You have every tight to feel how you like. Just don't try to bring us all down to your level.
If you can't be happy we survived when can you be.....

The fact is that throughout nearly all of Nuno's tenure, we've been relying on Luton being worse than us rather than getting the results ourself to see us comfortable. You can make all sorts of excuses or hand out plaudits for 'nearly winning games' but it really isn't good enough.

I hope EM wont view 17th as a success nor be happy with the amount of games we've played ok, run the opposition close but ultimately lost.

I get the point about having little faith in EM getting the appointment right but the prospect of going into a new season with Nuno is just so uninspiring to me.

We've survived 2 seasons. This year has a points deduction. We've got an owner that will do all it takes to keep us in the PL. We've now got something to build on. Why would anyone, other than the most pessimistic, feel "extremely dejected" tonight?
Exactly but you'll find a few on here.

You have every tight to feel how you like. Just don't try to bring us all down to your level.
If you can't be happy we survived when can you be.....
I'm not bringing anyone down.

I'm posting what I think. You would have to be a hell of a sensitive flower for my minor musings to be affecting your mood.

And we haven't survived.

We haven't survived.

We and you can't afford to be this arrogant.

It was an entertaining game, definitely. I'm just sick of walking away from entertaining games with no points nearly every time
We HAVE survived, no arrogance at all. What the fuck you on about??