Forest Survive - Summer thoughts | Vital Football

Forest Survive - Summer thoughts

finbar70

Vital Football Hero
Wanted to get peoples thoughts on Summer plans assuming we are safe. Lots of questions to answer, and a lot of players will again be moving and coming in ...

Goalkeepers - We only have Hennessey. We need another 2 come the summer. Soooo

Buy Henderson or Navas, plus one other. Consider Livakovic, Kelleher, any others you feel worthy of a look?
Personally Henderson or Kelleher for me, plus a solid Championship young keeper who is up and coming.

Full Backs - Williams and Richards in place. Need to understand what the issue is with Richards before judging, but I guess we get him it for next season now. Buy Lodi if he wants to come. Sell Toffolo.
Do we buy Aurier, or get a better option? I am on the side of buying a better option.

Centre Backs - Off load Mbe Soh, Cook, and potentially one of Boly or McKenna. Can't see Worrall going anywhere and as per Richards, hoping Niahkhate is the real deal come next season and what is left of this season.
For me, off load Boly, Mbe Soh and Cook. Recall Panzo, and buy another CB.

Midfield - L'OB seems to be off come the summer now. Colback will be off too. Building around Danilo, Freuler, Shelvey and Yates. Mangala has it still to prove, and Kouyate still has another year. I would want to target Connor Gallagher and stay with the options above

Forward players - Sell Hwang, Dennis, Surridge. Ayew will be off, and hopefully we don't activate wood. This area needs most attention along with the goalie. Bowler will be back, Awoniyi, MGW, Johnson and Scarpa.
We need to buy 2 CF's. Preferably a starting CF, meaning Awoniyi is first back up, and maybe one or 2 of those young Brazilian lads (Angelo/Brenner) but need a true first choice. I think Awoniyi can become that in another 18 months of development.

Do we resign Lingard?

Potential 2023/24 squad

New number 1, New number 2, Hennesey

New RB, Williams, Worrall, Felipe, Niakhate, Panzo, McKenna, New CB, Lodi, Richards

Gallagher, Danilo, Yates, Shelvey, Freuler, Kouyate, Mangala, Scarpa

New CF, New CF, Awoniyi, MGW, Johnson, Bowler, Lingard/Angelo?

Thats 28 listed. Not sure how many would be classed as underage next season (Neco, Danilo, Johnson, Panzo?) before we get to the 25 man limit. Jury out on Lingard or a cheaper alternative like Angelo?

Sell, out of contract or offload - Hwang, Cafu, Taylor, Arter, Wood, Ayew, Toffolo, L'OB, Cook, Aurier, Hendo or Navas, Boly, Dennis, Surridge, Colback, Mbe Soh, Ojeda, Laryea, Thats 18 departures.
Loan Aguillera to a club in Europe.

8 new players in

Haven't addressed the returning loanees.

Wanted to get peoples thoughts on Summer plans assuming we are safe. Lots of questions to answer, and a lot of players will again be moving and coming in ...

Goalkeepers - We only have Hennessey. We need another 2 come the summer. Soooo

Buy Henderson or Navas, plus one other. Consider Livakovic, Kelleher, any others you feel worthy of a look?
Personally Henderson or Kelleher for me, plus a solid Championship young keeper who is up and coming.

Full Backs - Williams and Richards in place. Need to understand what the issue is with Richards before judging, but I guess we get him it for next season now. Buy Lodi if he wants to come. Sell Toffolo.
Do we buy Aurier, or get a better option? I am on the side of buying a better option.

Centre Backs - Off load Mbe Soh, Cook, and potentially one of Boly or McKenna. Can't see Worrall going anywhere and as per Richards, hoping Niahkhate is the real deal come next season and what is left of this season.
For me, off load Boly, Mbe Soh and Cook. Recall Panzo, and buy another CB.

Midfield - L'OB seems to be off come the summer now. Colback will be off too. Building around Danilo, Freuler, Shelvey and Yates. Mangala has it still to prove, and Kouyate still has another year. I would want to target Connor Gallagher and stay with the options above

Forward players - Sell Hwang, Dennis, Surridge. Ayew will be off, and hopefully we don't activate wood. This area needs most attention along with the goalie. Bowler will be back, Awoniyi, MGW, Johnson and Scarpa.
We need to buy 2 CF's. Preferably a starting CF, meaning Awoniyi is first back up, and maybe one or 2 of those young Brazilian lads (Angelo/Brenner) but need a true first choice. I think Awoniyi can become that in another 18 months of development.

Do we resign Lingard?

Potential 2023/24 squad

New number 1, New number 2, Hennesey

New RB, Williams, Worrall, Felipe, Niakhate, Panzo, McKenna, New CB, Lodi, Richards

Gallagher, Danilo, Yates, Shelvey, Freuler, Kouyate, Mangala, Scarpa

New CF, New CF, Awoniyi, MGW, Johnson, Bowler, Lingard/Angelo?

Thats 28 listed. Not sure how many would be classed as underage next season (Neco, Danilo, Johnson, Panzo?) before we get to the 25 man limit. Jury out on Lingard or a cheaper alternative like Angelo?

Sell, out of contract or offload - Hwang, Cafu, Taylor, Arter, Wood, Ayew, Toffolo, L'OB, Cook, Aurier, Hendo or Navas, Boly, Dennis, Surridge, Colback, Mbe Soh, Ojeda, Laryea, Thats 18 departures.
Loan Aguillera to a club in Europe.

8 new players in

Haven't addressed the returning loanees.

Panzo was born in 2000, so is already over the age limit. Johnson, Williams and Danilo all born in 2001, so they will all be over the age limit next season.

Panzo was born in 2000, so is already over the age limit. Johnson, Williams and Danilo all born in 2001, so they will all be over the age limit next season.

Any money, we have spent a fair bit of next years money, will be spent on goalkeeper, striker and fullbacks. Wood and Lodi are going to cost us £40m, we need to buy a goalkeeper whether Hendo, Navas or another. Paramount is a striker. We also need a fullback.

Send Henderson back to rape Utd & Lingz still pines for that rats nest so fuck him off as well. I don’t care how good he is for the dressing room he has got to be one of the biggest wastes of money anywhere in the world

Send Henderson back to rape Utd & Lingz still pines for that rats nest so fuck him off as well. I don’t care how good he is for the dressing room he has got to be one of the biggest wastes of money anywhere in the world

JLINGZ is the football equivalent of Tory PPE AIDZ

Imo we should keep boly for another season.

Im guessing that cooper is looking for players who can play his preferred system and he is hoping to move away from the effective but somewhat negative approach we have been forced to adopt.

Ward Prowse is interesting. He needs premiership football to get any England call ups. Going to one of the top 8 clubs would mean being in second string. Forest, hopefully will be in the next mid table group of clubs that he would look at. Price could be the deal breaker.

Balogun was fairly ordinary at Middlesboro last season. As were Boro. 3 goals. His move to France under an unusual manager and he has hit jackpot. Can’t see Arsenal selling. A Loan to an English premiership club is possible as Arsenal would like to see how he shows in English football again but a sale will only arise if Arsenal need money. They will need a big squad next year but they are almost guaranteed the riches of champions league.

Feel both of these are good calls but just out of our reach.

Firstly lets prey we stop up ! If we do , you can see that its a gradual process of out with the old , in with the new , bringing in better quality footballers who are comfortable on the ball , central defenders who are happy to receive the ball from the GK ect .., i expect this to continue if we stop up , it takes time to build a proper prem quality squad

If your list, I’d look to retain Aurier and Colback. I think releasing Colback is suggested more by age than output… he’s so bloody reliable and not every player can be a start or expected starter.

controversial but if a midfielder had to move to make room, it would be Freuler for me. I just don’t think he offers enough even if I take the point that he does the dirty work you don’t see. I think there are much better than him around that can do his job and add more.

If your list, I’d look to retain Aurier and Colback. I think releasing Colback is suggested more by age than output… he’s so bloody reliable and not every player can be a start or expected starter.

controversial but if a midfielder had to move to make room, it would be Freuler for me. I just don’t think he offers enough even if I take the point that he does the dirty work you don’t see. I think there are much better than him around that can do his job and add more.

Owd if

I think we will see the best of our signings next season. I wouldn't bet against Freuler after a season to adapt, another full pre-season, and our squad knowing each other better.

Our Fullbacks require some thinking. If we sign Lodi that would be great, and we have to hope Richards with several more months of rehab, training and conditioning will come good. Need an upgrade right side over Aurier and Williams.

Walker-Peters?

I think we will see the best of our signings next season. I wouldn't bet against Freuler after a season to adapt, another full pre-season, and our squad knowing each other better.

Our Fullbacks require some thinking. If we sign Lodi that would be great, and we have to hope Richards with several more months of rehab, training and conditioning will come good. Need an upgrade right side over Aurier and Williams.

Walker-Peters?

up until 2 weeks ago, Aurier looked our best player - I wouldn’t write him off yet. Yates back in 2 weeks will make a difference to him