Forest & Reading Charged By The FA | Vital Football

Forest & Reading Charged By The FA

redderthanred

Vital Reserves Team
Reading and Nottingham Forest have both been charged by the FA after they ‘failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion’.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/announcement-made-as-reading-v-nottm-forest-fallout-continues/

The statement refers to an incident in the 62nd minute that saw several players from both sides get booked, including Forest defender Danny Fox who was shown a second yellow as a result.

Players from both sides got involved after a late tackle with a lot of pushing and shoving and the FA released the following tweet this evening.

“Reading and Nottingham Forest have been charged following their league match on 12/01/2019. It is alleged that they failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 62nd minute. Both clubs have until 18:00 on 18/01/19 to respond to the charge.”

As you can see, both clubs can contest the charge and have until 6pm on Friday to do so. It’s likely that will each receive a warning and a fine for what happened.

It was an ill-tempered game at the Madejski Stadium, with Forest going down to nine men later on after Tendayi Darikwa was given a straight red.

Couldn't agree more CP but the FA do nothing in cases where Refs fcuk up and have bad days. They are untouchable and a law to themselves.

Where do you ever read about a Ref who loses control of a game and is then disciplined by the FA? because if they are it's always hushed up and kept quite about but as soon as a player steps out of line he is pulled in front of a discipline panel and suspended.

Our players should keep level heads in all situations - you can not have players taking retribution themselves because a Ref has fcuked up.

I'm hoping MoN sorts our players out on the pitch.

See my thread on Discipline!!!

Fox was undoubtedly foolish but as captain he does try to gee the players up and back them. I think the situation at the club coupled with the ref and Reading just meant he lost it.

I'm not sure as to why Fox was booked for the second time - I hope the Ref got it wrong because I felt Fox was trying to cool the situation especially with him being the Captain and I can't think it would be something he said - again because of his Captaincy - he should be setting examples if he's wearing the arm band!!

The ref should be charged too. Reading put in nasty tackle after nasty tackle and he did nothing. Should of red carded their player and then Murphy wouldn't of lost his head.

I was going to post that too about the ref and hope that we put a case forward on such matters as part of our defence... not that it will help with the FA.... unless you are dirty cheating Leeds!

As several people blamed the ref for our 2 reds on Saturday I decided to watch the 90 minutes on ifollow.

Murphy was hauled down in the centre circle by Swift on 18 minutes, preventing him from playing Lolley in to run at the Reading defence. Ref 5 yards away, ignored the blatant foul and Reading broke instead, with Fox getting hurt as he stemmed the tide.

35 minutes, Bodvarsson kicks the ball away after Forest get a free kick - no yellow card.

Colback was fouled by Ejaria on 45 minutes and banged the ground in annoyance. RN suggested that Ejaria had already fouled once too often, but I hadn’t noticed. The ref had a word with Fox to warn him that Colback was already on a yellow and should button it. Straight afterwards, Bacuna fouled Cash and showed obvious dissent but the ref did nothing.

The flashpoint came after Forest started playing some lovely one-touch stuff on 57 minutes, Cash fouled but not given, Forest won it back and continued, bad foul by Ejaria but no booking. Then on 58, Murphy wrestled to the ground again (Ilori), nothing given. Moments later Murphy dived in and it all kicked off, with Fox getting a second yellow for his part in the melee.

67 minutes, Osborn scores after a great Forest move but it’s disallowed for a push by Darikwa which looked well short of a foul. In 68 minutes Ejaria fouls Yacob, no booking, then fouls Cash, nothing given. Later, Darikwa dived in and was bound to get a red.

Overall, both sides passed well at times but lacked any sort of pace. Osborn achieved very little for all his running around, Geddy was outstanding in midfield and Yacob calm as ever at the back. Forest players made the effort but looked toothless up front and lacked discipline. Ref generally sound, but hard to see why he ignored those two blatant fouls on Murphy. Ejaria looked clumsy rather than malicious.

Ref generally sound after you've listed all those errors ?
I'm allowing for my subjective view as a Forest fan.

For instance - 'Bodvarsson kicks the ball away' (but not very far). Not worth a yellow in my book, but if it was a Forest player away from home the crowd response might persuade the ref to give a yellow.

I was expecting to see lots of bad Reading fouls but it wasn't that sort of game, and up to HT I'd say the ref did well enough. Apart from those two fouls on Murphy.

BTW, I'm hoping this feature of ifollow isn't a mistake. Pay £10 to watch a match live and you also get 90-minute footage of every game (after the event).