Forest membership opens today | Page 2 | Vital Football

Forest membership opens today

Would have little effect, those in the Trent End are paying peanuts for their tickets.

Since i have 5 mins.

On one level i dont begrudge those who have a chance to go see the footie. I have watched forest for 35 years, everyone needs a chance.

I do think tho that given the demand, there must be a more equitable way of giving more people a chance to go.

Seems a waste of time to pay for membership with no chance of getting a ticket.

If i am to go, it could only be in a corporate seat and that is just wank. I know some people enjoy it but i prefer old school with everybody else. If you cant sing then whats the point.

Back in the day 38k would have been a big stadium to fill. Alot more people these days. Wouldnt be surprised if we could easily fill 45k while ever we are in the prem.

Ultimately 30k is way too small now and we should crack on and get a schedule for the stand rebuild asap.

Since i have 5 mins.

On one level i dont begrudge those who have a chance to go see the footie. I have watched forest for 35 years, everyone needs a chance.

I do think tho that given the demand, there must be a more equitable way of giving more people a chance to go.

If i am to go, it could only be in a corporate seat and that is just wank. I know some people enjoy it but i prefer old school with everybody else. If you cant sing then whats the point.

Back in the day 38k would have been a big stadium to fill. Alot more people these days. Wouldnt be surprised if we could easily fill 45k while ever we are in the prem.

Ultimately 30k is way too small now and we should crack on and get a schedule for the stand rebuild asap.
I am in a similar situation but for different reasons. I can no longer walk any great distance and the cold just ruins me. I can also fall asleep with about 30 seconds warning which can be fun!

I have been in corporate a few times but it’s definitely ‘wank’. Particularly when the atmosphere everywhere else is so good.

As you say I think at the moment 45k is achievable but I would start at 40k and go from there. The atmosphere we currently have may not last.

Since i have 5 mins.

Couldn't agree more mate, but corporate was the only way self,& family could get to a game last season. As you say the atmosphere isn't there particularly in that behind glass viewing area in Legends lounge at trent end where you can hear very little you don't even get the crowd noise piped in which would help a bit.
I can't understand why the glass partition can't be made to open so you could get full benefit of atmosphere

I am in a similar situation but for different reasons. I can no longer walk any great distance and the cold just ruins me. I can also fall asleep with about 30 seconds warning which can be fun!

I have been in corporate a few times but it’s definitely ‘wank’. Particularly when the atmosphere everywhere else is so good.

As you say I think at the moment 45k is achievable but I would start at 40k and go from there. The atmosphere we currently have may not last.

The demand may not last, either, if we're relegated this season.

Also, no way will the ground be extended to 45k, 40k is probably unrealistic too.

Back in the day, Forest ground used to hold nearly 50,000 and still be pretty full most weeks. Used to be jam packed circa 1966/67. and that was even before the great BC came along ! In 1967 we got 49,946 to watch the league game against Man Utd. The difference then was it was working class people paying a quid (or less ?) to get in.

Back in the day, Forest ground used to hold nearly 50,000 and still be pretty full most weeks. Used to be jam packed circa 1966/67. and that was even before the great BC came along ! In 1967 we got 49,946 to watch the league game against Man Utd. The difference then was it was working class people paying a quid (or less ?) to get in.

Bit before my time but i do think people under estimate how many seats we could fill on a regular basis.

I was at that game and genuinely thought I was going to die

Average attendances slumped to around 8k in 72/73

82/82 we were averaging 19k per game.

I often remember after that relatively small attendances even when doing well. I can't remember such clamour for tickets in my lifetime.

Couldn't agree more mate, but corporate was the only way self,& family could get to a game last season. As you say the atmosphere isn't there particularly in that behind glass viewing area in Legends lounge at trent end where you can hear very little you don't even get the crowd noise piped in which would help a bit.
I can't understand why the glass partition can't be made to open so you could get full benefit of atmosphere

So that the monied class don't have enough to smell the great unwashed.

I was at that game and genuinely thought I was going to die

Average attendances slumped to around 8k in 72/73

82/82 we were averaging 19k per game.

I often remember after that relatively small attendances even when doing well. I can't remember such clamour for tickets in my lifetime.

Did they do tickets or season tickets in the sixties ? I guess I was at that game too, but can't specifically remember it. I can remember the Everton quarter final "Ian Storey-Moore game" , but only because we turned up and didn't get in. Think that's the only time that's happened to me at the CG (for a Forest game) , though we went on a Boots coach to the Swindon second replay at Villa, and the whole coach was turned away by the police because the ground was full. Next day we found out Villa had only opened two or three sides of the ground !

Did they do tickets or season tickets in the sixties ? I guess I was at that game too, but can't specifically remember it. I can remember the Everton quarter final "Ian Storey-Moore game" , but only because we turned up and didn't get in. Think that's the only time that's happened to me at the CG (for a Forest game) , though we went on a Boots coach to the Swindon second replay at Villa, and the whole coach was turned away by the police because the ground was full. Next day we found out Villa had only opened two or three sides of the ground !
I was at that everton game as well.

Went on a coach once to Swindon and we could only about muster 12 people to go. Bus was going to be cancelled. There Were some depressing days back then.

I was at both the Man U game which was before Christmas I think, and the Everton FA cup Ian storey Moore game, I've got it in my head that someone got hat trick against Man U but can't remember. Those were the days when for the terraces you just turned up early and you were in. Though I have a vague recollection that the Everton cup game might have been all ticket. All such a long time ago, great days though

I was at both the Man U game which was before Christmas I think, and the Everton FA cup Ian storey Moore game, I've got it in my head that someone got hat trick against Man U but can't remember. Those were the days when for the terraces you just turned up early and you were in. Though I have a vague recollection that the Everton cup game might have been all ticket. All such a long time ago, great days though

I don't think my dad and I were ever early for anything, but the Everton game was the only one where we didn't get in. If I remember correctly it was the Paul Richardson era, not too long afterwards, where you could turn up at five to three and sit on the steps and still get a great view !

Funny how you remember odd things. I remember my dad taking me to Elland Road in 1968 to watch the scum beat us in the 4th round of the FA Cup and to see SlimJim Baxter strolling around the grass. We were lucky as my step brother was on Forest’s books as a schoolboy so we used to get free tickets, 2 in the Enclosure (as it was known then) and 1 in the Main Stand. I still remember standing on the pitch watching the stand burn down wondering if my old man started the fire lighting his pipe.

I don't think my dad and I were ever early for anything, but the Everton game was the only one where we didn't get in. If I remember correctly it was the Paul Richardson era, not too long afterwards, where you could turn up at five to three and sit on the steps and still get a great view !
The days when if you asked the club what time kick off was they would just say well what time can you get for

IMG_8509.jpeg

Given kit providers are a bit lazy & use the same templates, I’d take that