Forest Green finances | Vital Football

Forest Green finances

It makes a nonsense of the fair play rules when donations fall outside of their remit. He'll just pay the £2.1m in, and everything will be fine again.

They lost:
£2.5m in 2013-14
£2.9m in 2014-15
£2.5m in 2015-16
£2.1m in 2016-17

That makes a total of exactly £10m in 4 years, just trying to get a village team into the Football League.

A 'club spokesperson' says:
"With significant increases in attendance and all over [sic] forms of commercial revenue in our first season in the EFL, we are on course for an operating profit in our next set of accounts – as anticipated.”

You have to be joking.

So they are going to turn a profit from increased attendances and commercial income, are they?

Their average attendance has risen from 1,753 to 2,682. That means an extra 929 per game, which equates to 21,367 more fans over the season. Assuming the average admission price per head is around £13, that equates to an extra £277,771 from gate revenues.

Are they really going to raise an extra £1.82 million from legitimate commercial income?

Good luck with that one.

EDIT: Oh, and their costs are rising all the time - Cooper signs players at the same rate most of us buy tea bags.

I can't imagine Cooper's policy of offloading half his squad every January and singing another dozen players to replace them is especially sustainable.

gijsbert_bos - 14/2/2018 09:46

I can't imagine Cooper's policy of offloading half his squad every January and singing another dozen players to replace them is especially sustainable.

To be fair, you could say he's recycling players. :pointy:

Is the football club owned by Vince’s eco. company ? If so are these losses just offset against the profits made by that company and then saving him thousands in Tax or is each part of a business taxed separately?

Mianka - 14/2/2018 10:21

Is the football club owned by Vince’s eco. company ? If so are these losses just offset against the profits made by that company and then saving him thousands in Tax or is each part of a business taxed separately?

That would still leave them a million miles outside the FFP rules,

Mianka - 14/2/2018 10:21

A very pertinent question.

$10m in 4 years just says to me that Vince actually knows f all about sustainability. He has spent 10% approx of his personal wealth or 20% approx of the value of his company getting a football club who will never break even without his input. If it all goes belly up and I think at some point the man has to say even for someone as egotistical as myself I can't maintain this level of support with no hope of any return.

Looking at those losses the Tranmere fans must be even more pi$$ed off their players didn't perform in the final!

So what ???? . If it aint Grimsby getting it its Forest Green . Glad to see people are interested in other teams business. I think ill have a look at Colchester's :pointy: :pointy: :pointy: .

Sorry Cheshire but people are interested in other clubs businesses! So go and chill!

cheshireimp - 14/2/2018 12:24

So what ???? . If it aint Grimsby getting it its Forest Green . Glad to see people are interested in other teams business. I think ill have a look at Colchester's :pointy: :pointy: :pointy: .

So what? Well, I would say it is pertinent to us as it impacts on lower league football. They are cheating, whilst at the same time having the gall to call themselves a sustainable club and claim to play football 'in the right way'.

I wonder if the national media will pick up on this after their love-in with them in the summer?

cheshireimp - 14/2/2018 12:24

Ok, i'm just gonna close my eyes and pretend no other teams exist in this league.

Oh wow, we're top! Aw shucks, we're also bottom! I fancy our chances against whichever non-existent team we're playing this weekend though!