Forest and the Bushwackers | Page 9 | Vital Football

Forest and the Bushwackers

That 3 points feels like a bloody million right now, and plenty of others eyeing 6th place.

This season is done, no playoffs for us, not a chance. Will be interesting to see how some of our 'bigger' names react to playing for nothing.

weve taken points off every team above us or as near as.. And most of those away from home. We were always going to ber better second half of the season, I dont imagine anyone disagreeing. So, add 2 or 3 really useful additions and stay in the mix. I dont think theres any valid reason for panic any nore than over optimism a few weeks ago

I didn't want a new manager or shit Christmas break but Forest always deliver.

I'm just frustrated, it feels like the umpteenth iteration of this shit.

Expectations were high in August....home and away support gone through the roof....we are no further forwards other than drawing games instead of loosing them ....bonus

It's not just the defence in the past 5 games though.We have only let in 6 and 3 were at Norwich, which we won't talk about.In these 5 games we haven't scored in 4 of them which is most worrying.Lolley and Grabben ,who we have previously been reliant on, have not been scoring and Carvalho hasn't been good.To be honest it's the home games that have cost us more and we don't look like winning.8 wins in 25 are not good stats but I don't see the point of changing manager without giving him more time. However I fear he will be gone shortly.

Dream scenario for me:

Comic book guy backs our manager this window and next and just let's him do our job.

AK: carefully selects 2 quality creative dangerous players and goes back to the attacking high tempo football we started the season with. I understand why he switched to a slightly more conservative game (but let's be clear it's still actually relatively positive despite what lazy opposition fans and Woanz post), but I believe if he'd stuck with it we'd have momentum now.

Yeah very little else online and after the chants and banner etc it will be interesting to see what the owner does and if he does sack him what line the club comes out with to pacify people.

If It wasn’t for Dias’ air shot v Norwich we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

Karanka has done a pretty good job IMO. Most of his signings have been decent and we’re a much better, more entertaining team than when he joined us. Cash, Carvalho, Lolley and Grabban are the most exciting attacking 4 I can remember in 20 years.

We’ve shown we can match all the top teams but we need more consistency. He’s been very unlucky with defensive injuries and this has cost us v Villa and Norwich. He tinkers with the line up and with subs too much for my taste.

The vast majority of fans at the games are behind him. Unfortunately the owner clearly isn’t and so there’s only one way this will end.

He doesn’t deserve to be sacked. Whether sacking him is a good idea for the club or not depends entirely on who replaces him. I just hope it’s not some dinosaur who plays boring football - I’ve really enjoyed this season, especially the away games.

Isn't it always the way, in the absence of definite facts and in the middle of a pretty feeble run there's a call for the managers head. It's no surprise to me though that it appears to be only a minority holding that view. After 20 years or so of bad management we all know that changing a manager in midstream is not the answer. And most of us also know that most managers need a couple of seasons to put a good side together.

I hope AK gets his 2 seasons.