For those missing the atmosphere | Vital Football

For those missing the atmosphere

I've been right in the middle of 617 (in the days when you could actually buy a ticket in the coop) when they start bouncing and was quite alarmed at how the floor below you bounces with you,and the amount it moves. .I'm sure these stand designers know what their doing but it is quite unnerving, wonderful but alarming non the less. :yes:. God I miss live football.

I’ve reached the age where I can’t leap out my seat when we score so I gently rise out the armchair with a clenched fist trying not to frighten my young Granddaughters!

One of my dogs is very noise sensitive so my celebrations tend to be a "get in", "well done lad" or "boom" for especially good goals.

Having said that, watching the comeback win against FGR I did scream and run around the house like a lunatic 😁

I was lucky enough to be at Burnley but I bet those that couldn't be there caused some carnage when that one went in. Insurance claims anyone?

One of my dogs is very noise sensitive so my celebrations tend to be a "get in", "well done lad" or "boom" for especially good goals.

Having said that, watching the comeback win against FGR I did scream and run around the house like a lunatic 😁

One of those 'you never forget where you were' moments. I was parked in my car at Goole Tennis Club and was still hyperventilating from the equaliser when the winner went in. Even the bollocking from my wife for sloping off from watching my lad's match didn't ruin the day.

I'm not sure what the other car park users thought. It was a bit of Del Boy and Rodney million pound moment a la Robin Reliant.

I was lucky enough to be at Burnley but I bet those that couldn't be there caused some carnage when that one went in. Insurance claims anyone?

I remember celebrating that goal and it went completely mental in the stand I jumped and cheered so loudly and vociferously I came over all dizzy and thought I was going to pass out. Happy Days :grinning:

Wow little did we know at the time that this was only really near the beginning of this amazing journey we have been on up the Leagues. Two Championships and a Wembley Trophy later we are 3rd in League 1 mixing it with Sunderland, Ipswich, Hull, Portsmouth and Charlton. Unbelievable!

Last edited:
I've been right in the middle of 617 (in the days when you could actually buy a ticket in the coop) when they start bouncing and was quite alarmed at how the floor below you bounces with you,and the amount it moves. .I'm sure these stand designers know what their doing but it is quite unnerving, wonderful but alarming non the less. :yes:. God I miss live football.
A bit like this

How do people celebrate the goals watching from home? Must admit I can’t do much more than a clench of the fist and an exclaimed Yes ! Was enough to frighten the cat on Tuesday to be fair but wonder if others are leaping to their feet and clapping?
Charge to the screen in unison, fist pump and then manly bond hugging. At least that's what happens with me and my 2 lads (nearly men at 14 and 15.)