Footballs money tree again..... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Footballs money tree again.....

It's time for a wage cap in football.
What some league 2 players are earning is ridiculous.
There was a rumour that two or three Wrexham players are on 8-10k a week. This is speculation but i would not be surprised if it was true.
I don't know how to implement it or where to start but what MOST players earn is out of control.
But what is the point of this new football regulator possibly forcing EPL teams to subsidise EFL teams if the EFL teams use the money to still continue to get in to heavy debt by overpaying players?

That money must be backed up by tighter control on outgoings or clubs will just continue to live beyond their means in order to meet players, and their agents, demands. Then you are expected to feel sorry for them if the cashflow means they don't get paid for months. Madness.

But I think I am right in saying that Nicky Butt is the only one actually involved in the day to day running of the club.

So I wonder why he is quoted in the press as implying the club needs to find outside investment rather than asking several of his affluent ex team mates and any other "sleeping partners" (billionaires, you think?) to put their hands in their pockets if they want to elevate the club to the Championship or beyond..

Outside of Wrexham, they would be the last club in the division that should need that.
Apparently Gary Neville`s a bit busy these days. Salford`s ownership includes billionaire Peter Lim. He has a significant interest (40% or thereabouts, I believe). The ownership group are very wealthy. But, as I implied, who, outside SCFC`s inner sanctum, really knows how this group`s business-wheels really turn. IF Lim and co want SCFC to get into the Premiership, they`ll probably manage it. When ? Who knows.

Apparently Gary Neville`s a bit busy these days. Salford`s ownership includes billionaire Peter Lim. He has a significant interest (40% or thereabouts, I believe). The ownership group are very wealthy. But, as I implied, who, outside SCFC`s inner sanctum, really knows how this group`s business-wheels really turn. IF Lim and co want SCFC to get into the Premiership, they`ll probably manage it. When ? Who knows.
You'd have thought that Lim would have been too busy with Valencia to worry about Salford