Football, tantrums & tutus... | Vital Football

Football, tantrums & tutus...

nlondonimp

Vital Champions League
for anyone interested in some background on the management. [spotted it on the LCB facebook page]

this is a blog post called 'the big move!' written by nicky's wife. what comes across is the importance of family and schooling for the children. her childhood experience also probably means that she wouldn't be keen to keep moving their children around the country to new schools. relocating the families to lincoln was always going to be a huge factor in keeping them with us imo.

fingers crossed that the children settle into lincoln, and love the school...

https://footballtantrumsandtutus.wordpress.com/2018/09/10/the-big-move/

for anyone interested in some background on the management. [spotted it on the LCB facebook page]

this is a blog post called 'the big move!' written by nicky's wife. what comes across is the importance of family and schooling for the children. her childhood experience also probably means that she wouldn't be keen to keep moving their children around the country to new schools. relocating the families to lincoln was always going to be a huge factor in keeping them with us imo.

fingers crossed that the children settle into lincoln, and love the school...

https://footballtantrumsandtutus.wordpress.com/2018/09/10/the-big-move/

Read it at the time (I think Danny liked it on twitter), we all often forget that not everyone in football is free to just pick all the pieces of their life and drop them into a new location as if it's the most normal thing in the world..

Sounds very promising to me,anybodies worries about them moving anytime soon should be calmed by reading that.
Saw Lauren on the day they moved in and welcomed her to Lincolnshire.

Hopefully they are settling well into Lincoln life? They seem to be all enjoying it! Danny and Nicky clearly thrive on having a supportive and loving family behind them.

Well done to Kate and Lauren Cowley. Without their undoubted support we may well have not been able to keep hold of DC and NC long term so due credit must go to these two ladies you're clearly the rock that the boys need :clap:

Last edited:
Everything about "Clan Cowley" comes across as well thought out, well planned, whilst still giving the impression that they are essentially normal people going thru the same issues as everyone else. Good to see the Echo article with Danny taking his daughter training at Notts County and even helping out. Bet their Chairman must be thinking "what if...". People like these don't come around too often in football.

Read it at the time (I think Danny liked it on twitter), we all often forget that not everyone in football is free to just pick all the pieces of their life and drop them into a new location as if it's the most normal thing in the world..
and in this case the added complication of moving two families. because if one of them wasn't keen, the whole deal would collapse.

...we all often forget that not everyone in football is free to just pick all the pieces of their life and drop them into a new location as if it's the most normal thing in the world..

Can I tell an anecdote told to me by an ex pro (now deceased) about the very much deceased ex oppo of Brian Clough, Peter Taylor, when he was on his own as manager of Derby.

This player was called off the training field by his manager and told that the club had agreed a fee for him with Derby and he was to go straight there and discuss personal terms. He jumped in the car and drove to the Baseball Ground.

Taylor outlined what seemed like a very generous offer and asked our man what he wanted to do. "I'll go home and talk about if with the wife" he very reasonably replied

"You wear the football boots, lad, not your wife" said Taylor "either you tell me you're joining us right now or you can forget it"

When he got home he told his wife that he'd got something really important to tell her

"I know" she said "we're moving to Derby, I heard it on the radio"

a good mate of mine is a good friend to John Collins, played for Celtic and Scotland in the 1990's.
He had 3 clubs come in for him. Middlesbrough, Chelsea and Monaco. He let his wife choose. Obviously he ended up at Monaco. Wasn't so mucb a football decision, just a dream place to live.