(FOOTBALL TALK) Pompey v Bury | Vital Football

(FOOTBALL TALK) Pompey v Bury

tempest

Vital Youth Team
Due to being let down (I booked 6 seats but now only have 5 going) I have a spare adult ticket for the game on the 19th at home to Bury - Fratton end FDD/E. It is a 'Print@home'. Will take £15 so it doesn't go to waste!

Seen as this has been seeing talk about the weekend game I have re-titled it and this can be the thread for talk on the game this weekend...

What are we thinking when Bury come to Fratton, SURELY its gotta be a home win?

Gotta be a definite Win I think .. I've been saying for a few weeks now that the team are just gonna click and muller somebody 4,5,6-0 ..I'm hoping that will be tomorrow.

Bury are manager-less and deflated and therefore ripe for a hammering.. but then again what is that expression about an injured dog ?

I've a feeling that Guy will tinker .. just a little

Smith

Moutaouakil,
N’Gala,
Bradley,
Devera;

Wallace,
Ertl (c),
Racon,
Barcham;

Marquis,
Agyemang

Subs: Sullivan, Cooper, Painter Mahon, Padovani, Holmes, Harris

Not sure if Moutauakil will survive after the Plymouth error, but hopefully not too many changes, will be a tough one as their Manager has gone

I think he would do well too Wiggy, must agree - maybe he will switch Devera back to right back and bring Painter back if he is fit?

I know I said it above but I wish Butler was given a go again...

Good call on Barcham too Chixy, that is one that maybe could happen altho Holmes didnt have a bad game last weekend but maybe needs to be kept on his toes and is coming back from a long-term injury after all isnt he.

Can't see Butler featuring at all .. and I did think about dropping Moutauakil as well as that chest down was awful .. that said he did make a couple of deent tackles in the second half.

That said if he were dropped and Painter is still not match fit .. I would more Devera to right back and then slot in Shaun Cooper on the left ..

On Saturday we return to Fratton against manager-less Bury.

It's no secret that Bury has struggled so far this season and if ever there was a game we were expected to win... surely this is it ... It will also ensure that we have two home wins on the bounce and will be unbeaten in four and set us up nicely for another home game on Tuesday.

Obviously we will be without Trevor Carson on Saturday and it could also be the last chance to see John Marquis ..

So my $64,000 question ...if you were Guy .. what team would you pick ?

Yep, gotta be a 'surely we will win today' game and I had that before they sacked their manager.

More changes in the back four with Carson out, it will be Smith that comes in surely?

Why has Smith on the bench is Sullivan is the backup goalie if Carson is out...

Other than Carson I am not sure he will change anything will he altho I would sooner have Butler back in at left back as its a round peg in a round hole and if Devera has to play put him in a rounder hole that would be right back.

Merged these two into one now and will let the Bury thread take over - makes sense at this stage...

Agree, cannot see Butler even being on the bench - such a waste if you ask me, especially with the options in front of him hardly setting the world alight but getting (seemingly) chance after chance to f*ck it up lol!

<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17235" target="blank"><b>Click here to make your prediction: Pompey v Bury</b></a>.

Pompey return to Fratton unbeaten in 3, with only 3 losses in the last 12 games. Last weekend's fairly dull televised game at Plymouth saw the Blues grab another point and saw Jed Wallace score in hi

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?537887">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Just on my way home now, wasnt pretty for large periods but a win is a win...

Thought we dropped off way too deep in the second half, would have been ok had we notwasted so many of the breaks.

Its 3pts on the board tho!

Think Rug summed it up nicely ... not pretty but three points will boost confidence all the same ... to be honest could have left after ten mins and still seen the highlights ... good that Smith has a clean sheet under his belt too