Football needs this way more than rugby. | Vital Football

Football needs this way more than rugby.

VAR has taken penalties and offsides and goals out of the refs hands. If we take time keeping out of them too, what has he got left.?

VAR has taken penalties and offsides and goals out of the refs hands. If we take time keeping out of them too, what has he got left.?

About the only chance of improving an appallingly low standard ? Howard Webb has his work cut out, but I reckon he's the right guy to do it.

Refs don't manage time. How would he remember. It's done off the pitch and shockingly badly.
Eradicating time wasting is incredibly simple.
Chess clock. Ball in play clock runs. Play stopped, clock stopped. Be amazing how quickly the mincing cheats stop diving and rolling around knowing every second of their oscar performance is being added back. No gain, no incentive.

Refs don't manage time. How would he remember. It's done off the pitch and shockingly badly.
Chess clock. Ball in play clock runs. Play stopped, clock stopped. Be amazing how quickly the mincing cheats stop diving and rolling around knowing every second of their oscar performance is being added back. No gain, no incentive.

I see where you're coming from, but they'll still do it to break up play rather than waste time per se..

Yes, it will be like giving them a pay decrease ?

If they play 60 minutes now and get £300,000 a week will they want time and half if they have to play 90 minutes ?

I'd definitely bring it onboard in football but I'd also dish out more cards for offenders as well. Time wasting is as bad as it's ever been if not worse,and the the Refs on and of the pitch just don't seem to punish it. It's not just about game time lost, it's about teams deliberately trying to disrupt and break up the flow. It's one one thing when it happens in the last few minutes but you see it almost from the off now. We've seen it ourselves several times at the Lane this season and it wouldn't surprise me if Coventry try it on big time knowing how Robins usually goes about things. Players taking an age to take free kicks and throw-ins and set pieces and faking injury. It'll not stop completely until those players are punished more often and more readily, do it in conjunction with a shot clock because whatever the time allocated will just become the new norm if not.

I see where you're coming from, but they'll still do it to break up play rather than waste time per se..

Let them. Once it becomes obvious and has percolated their thick skulls that time wasting be it slow timimg or feigning injury will be still there to be played they'll stop. Another outcome is there would no longer actually be any added/injury time. It would be played as part of the time keeping being done effectively and in truth incredibly easily. Once teams/management get the picture fucking being a Norwich gets you nowhere the'll stop doing it. There are absolutely no issues in either code of rugby as simple timekeeping is done transparently so absolutely everyone knows how long has been played/is left to play and nothing will reduce or change those factual situations.