Football Laws - new changes 2023/24 | Vital Football

Football Laws - new changes 2023/24

I have to say ….I read the FA document and will need to wait for the Janet and John version o_O

I’ll beleive it when i see it. All the stuff about dealing with grabbing and holding in the area……i will never beleive why they come up with this BS to apply it to open play but then blatantly ignore it when there is a corner. I would love the PGMOL to explain the difference between grabbing a guy’s shirt as he tris to get past you running into the penalty area ……and grabbing his shirt when he tries to move round you to get to a cross from a corner. Baffles me.

I think it is a case of wait and see, maybe the games will be a tad longer, the rest is probably more blah, blah, blah.

So some takeaways from the Community Shield on the new rules…

1. Don’t kick the ball away when a free kick is given against you.
2. Make your substitutions quickly and don’r dawdle any more getting off the pitch….

They will add the proper time on and no longer make up some fictional number totally unrelated to hour time wasting.

So some takeaways from the Community Shield on the new rules…

1. Don’t kick the ball away when a free kick is given against you.
2. Make your substitutions quickly and don’r dawdle any more getting off the pitch….

They will add the proper time on and no longer make up some fictional number totally unrelated to hour time wasting.

we need to add one of yours Skoorb

when a free kick is awarded, one of the opposition stands right in front of the ball so it can't be taken quickly or forward and on many occasions you find that the ball is played side ways.

Long throw ins OK, but why should the ref allow time for players to form up like it was a corner, a big time waster

we need to add one of yours Skoorb

when a free kick is awarded, one of the opposition stands right in front of the ball so it can't be taken quickly or forward and on many occasions you find that the ball is played side ways.

Long throw ins OK, but why should the ref allow time for players to form up like it was a corner, a big time waster
Plus you pick up the ball, you take the throw.

From the BBC article on the start of the new season….

“Yellow cards will be issued to players delaying the restart of play or not retreating the necessary distance at a free-kick.”
I will believe the last part when we see it.

Premier League returns with champions Manchester City at Burnley https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66404319
not made any impact so far but they have reined in the daft added on to reasonable minutes unlike the Community Shield

This reminds me of that innovative free kick back in the day where the guy stood over the ball with it gripped between his feet.......and he then jumps up with the ball flicking it up vertically for his team mate to volley the ball into the net.

They soon put a stop to that fancy footwork......and I suspect they will kill this as well. 🤣

This reminds me of that innovative free kick back in the day where the guy stood over the ball with it gripped between his feet.......and he then jumps up with the ball flicking it up vertically for his team mate to volley the ball into the net.

They soon put a stop to that fancy footwork......and I suspect they will kill this as well. 🤣
It was Coventry City I cant remember the ginger head player who took it, but it was soon outlawed because the ball had not moved forward the full circumference of the ball if I remember rightly (I think they have changed that now)