Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 59 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

It is the first time I have mentioned toffs and royals, I was on the wind up with that to be fair.

But holding Cheltenham was ridiculous and I will, for sure, keep saying that.

Football cancelled before the Gov told anyone to. That is true. I accept totally your facts on the players testing positive though, good point well made.

Toffs and royals always get preferential treatment in this country. Just my opinion, we are ruled by them, we are looked down on by them, it is and always has been that way. :grinning:

I agree about Cheltenham , but during the same week Liverpool played Atletico in the Champion League in front of a full house with 3,000 visiting supporters , and while the premier league suspended the following weekend fixtures Cheltenham had already finished by then.

Perhaps the Govt should have shown more leadership and took the decision away from individual sports bodies.

Premier League would of kept going if they could , the illnesses stopped them. Let's not try and portray the premier league as having a conscience and putting the NHS ahead of £ootball .

It is the first time I have mentioned toffs and royals, I was on the wind up with that to be fair.

But holding Cheltenham was ridiculous and I will, for sure, keep saying that.

Football cancelled before the Gov told anyone to. That is true. I accept totally your facts on the players testing positive though, good point well made.

Toffs and royals always get preferential treatment in this country. Just my opinion, we are ruled by them, we are looked down on by them, it is and always has been that way. :grinning:
Would there be any point in having royals if they didn't get preferential treatment? In your own words this is off topic and should be posted in Witton Lane

Premier League would of kept going if they could , the illnesses stopped them. Let's not try and portray the premier league as having a conscience and putting the NHS ahead of £ootball .

Not a conscience mate, but they did react as things changed quickly. And I don't believe either for the NHS - it was their own lawyers advice (understandably).

Would there be any point in having royals if they didn't get preferential treatment? In your own words this is off topic and should be posted in Witton Lane

It was within a post about the subject thanks ever so kindly for the moderation.

Are the lunatics finally taking over the asylum? It was only a matter of time before my reign of terror was ended.

It was within a post about the subject thanks ever so kindly for the moderation.

Are the lunatics finally taking over the asylum? It was only a matter of time before my reign of terror was ended.

I'm taking back over....get in your hole JF.:wahey:

As a side point, I'd love to know why I'm so miffed tonight. I can't place it.

The question from a reporter at the Liverpool Echo was interesting at the Daily Briefing today, asking how on earth 3000 (?) Athletico Madrid fans were allowed to leave a country on lockdown to go to a match at Anfield, and he went on to say the high numbers of deaths in Liverpool.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/serious-questions-asked-atletico-madrid-17976201

Not prem but still football and the strangeness and lack of proper thought over that period - so not just Cheltenham to be fair, this was just as stupid. Bet the Madrid fans couldn't believe their luck to escape lockdown for a short time, but also, ridiculously selfish of them and stupid of our authorities allowing it.

I'm taking back over....get in your hole JF.:wahey:

As a side point, I'd love to know why I'm so miffed tonight. I can't place it.

Tense times, seen it all over the network, a lot of people pulling together, but a fair bit of nervousness and angst as well!

The question from a reporter at the Liverpool Echo was interesting at the Daily Briefing today, asking how on earth 3000 (?) Athletico Madrid fans were allowed to leave a country on lockdown to go to a match at Anfield, and he went on to say the high numbers of deaths in Liverpool.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/serious-questions-asked-atletico-madrid-17976201

Not prem but still football and the strangeness and lack of proper thought over that period - so not just Cheltenham to be fair, this was just as stupid. Bet the Madrid fans couldn't believe their luck to escape lockdown for a short time, but also, ridiculously selfish of them and stupid of our authorities allowing it.
Yup, I've seen similar about the spike in Wolves given their game that went ahead as well.

It is a hindsight thing for me though.

Tense times, seen it all over the network, a lot of people pulling together, but a fair bit of nervousness and angst as well!

Yeah, as you know my life hasn't really changed (neither has yours in many ways lol) short of having relevant things to write about instead of the obvious transfer BS - but I'm even finding myself flipping between moods. Not happy/depressed so to speak, but the lack of a more useful routine where I'm scatting around for something to do to be useful, I'm definitely quicker off the trigger at times.

Saw an article earlier, some WSL lass talking about players contacting about feeling low and it missed me for a minute. Then thinking about it more, yes, for sportspeople used to being out, competing etc, this will really hit them more than somebody like me.

Think we have to accept regardless, we are all going to react differently and at no point is anyone's reaction 'less' than someone else's.

Have Eire had a big spike ? Just thinking about Cheltenham really where a good % of that 250,000 would of flown over for the festival caught the virus and taken it home .

Yeah, as you know my life hasn't really changed (neither has yours in many ways lol) short of having relevant things to write about instead of the obvious transfer BS - but I'm even finding myself flipping between moods. Not happy/depressed so to speak, but the lack of a more useful routine where I'm scatting around for something to do to be useful, I'm definitely quicker off the trigger at times.

Saw an article earlier, some WSL lass talking about players contacting about feeling low and it missed me for a minute. Then thinking about it more, yes, for sportspeople used to being out, competing etc, this will really hit them more than somebody like me.

Think we have to accept regardless, we are all going to react differently and at no point is anyone's reaction 'less' than someone else's.

No, although with relevance to this thread, we are caught in an industry with no product, hence my numerous posts and interest in others opinions and reactions to the situation.

No product means no business for so many.

No, although with relevance to this thread, we are caught in an industry with no product, hence my numerous posts and interest in others opinions and reactions to the situation.

No product means no business for so many.

Yup, that's my boggle at the moment. I want truthful, relevant news/thoughts etc. I'm not interested in anything else and if I have no interest, I'm buggered to write about it lol

Have Eire had a big spike ? Just thinking about Cheltenham really where a good % of that 250,000 would of flown over for the festival caught the virus and taken it home .

I believe their death toll is relatively low (260ish I think was last figure I heard). However, they began bringing in lockdown stipulations prior to us.

Spain went into lockdown on Sunday 15th March, this match was on the 11th.

At the time Madrid was already experiencing an acute outbreak of coronavirus and Atletico had been ordered to play matches at their own home ground behind closed doors.
"The question from a reporter at the Liverpool Echo was interesting at the Daily Briefing today, asking how on earth 3000 (?) Athletico Madrid fans were allowed to leave a country on lockdown to go to a match at Anfield, and he went on to say the high numbers of deaths in Liverpool."

So it wasn't a country on lockdown as you stated.