Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 3 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

If the season is cancelled, what will the betting companies do with all the millions that has been bet on football, league / cup winners, accumulators etc.
I'd like to think they would refund the stakes, but it could possibly fuck them up financially

I'm trying to get my head around this, are they saying that april 4th will be the date that everything is reviewed?
If the all clear was given would the first matches be played April 11th for the season to finish in June / July, how long would pre season be for next season? If it goes past April 4th and became may then season end July? Playing behind closed doors is now pointless as players are getting it so they will pass it on to family members?

Haven't read the whole thread so someone may have already said, but if the season is cancelled, which I think it will be, surely the best option would be to promote 3 from the championship and not relegate any teams. Just have 6 relegation spots for next year. Obviously I'm saying this cos I'm a Villa fan, but it would not screw any team over and there would be no real losers.

Argument against is that the more people under 50 get it the more people over 50 will get it. Most people are going to get it anyway. What they're trying to do is spin it out to avoid a log jam with hospital admissions.

The healthy under 50s that voluntarily wished to do this asap (with agreement and paid by their employers, who would benefit immensely) would just need to stock up with supplies first, before they contract the virus (by injection, or a visit from somebody with it). Then at the end of their strict self-isolation they would be virus free.

Win win all round - get back to work normally, plus older people will be safer the more immunity there is in the community. Also less economic meltdown, and the more healthy working age people in health services and everywhere else to look after those that need it, the better. Get Coronavirus done!

This may sound mad, but if up to 80% are going to get it anyway, is it better to have this stretched out over months and months (even years) or do things more quickly in an organised fashion, which should also reduce the infection rate and log-jam too? I'm not advoccating this - but I am asking the question.

They could potentially hold a relegation/promotion play-offs bottom 3 in PL play top 3 in Championship. Like a mini league. Top 3 gets promoted

Haven't read the whole thread so someone may have already said, but if the season is cancelled, which I think it will be, surely the best option would be to promote 3 from the championship and not relegate any teams. Just have 6 relegation spots for next year. Obviously I'm saying this cos I'm a Villa fan, but it would not screw any team over and there would be no real losers.
Dont see how you can promote three from the Championship because any team within striking distance of the top three will rightly claim they could overtake them. What if the team in fourth had four games in hand.
Its a minefield.

I wonder if the season might not restart until September if it gets worse. Players need to be match fit, not just straight into it again.

So could end up with season being finished through October and November - then start a new one-off short season, when each team plays every other just once. Rule changes too - e.g. just one promoted and relegated, and one 19th v 2nd in play-off?

Dont see how you can promote three from the Championship because any team within striking distance of the top three will rightly claim they could overtake them. What if the team in fourth had four games in hand.
Its a minefield.
True, but playing some play-off games from 3rd- 10th (QPR on 50 pts), with 3rd to 6th gping straight to 2nd round, all being played when things die down. I can't see many teams being unhappy with that as a possibility.

Suppose it would be pretty simple to do the same thing for relegated teams though

All teams except four have played 29 games. Play the two outstanding fixtures behind closed doors. Then finish the season. The CL and Europa places could then be determined. No teams would be relegated but the two top teams in the Chamionship would come up. (All teams there have played the same number of games.) So next season there would be a bigger Premier League. Those qualified for European competition would be exempted from playing in the League Cup. Five teams would be relegated at the season end.

I read somewhere that to keep the places as they are that every team in the PL had to play 29 games ie 75%.

All teams except four have played 29 games. Play the two outstanding fixtures behind closed doors. Then finish the season. The CL and Europa places could then be determined. No teams would be relegated but the two top teams in the Chamionship would come up. (All teams there have played the same number of games.) So next season there would be a bigger Premier League. Those qualified for European competition would be exempted from playing in the League Cup. Five teams would be relegated at the season end.
I really don't think there will be any European football next year. What will happen to Man City's ban if that were to happen!?