Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 239 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

View attachment 54201
How can you have respect for someone who doesn’t get jabbed?
They are letting their clubs and supporters down big time. I can’t imagine it’s going down well with managers and owners of clubs at all. The percentage of non vaccinated players right across the European leagues is much lower than the Premier league. There is far too much player power in the English game, it smacks of arrogance and selfishness.

Every match save for Leeds vs Arsenal postponed today. All roads seem to point toward a break. I would prefer reverting to games without fans where possible. A break will leave an incredible fixture pile up cluster fuck.

At this point, the game needs to become less obsessed with money. The FA Cup should be cancelled this year, Champions League should resort to a single tie in the knockout stands and oh, how about getting rid of the abomination that is the world cup.

Every match save for Leeds vs Arsenal postponed today. All roads seem to point toward a break. I would prefer reverting to games without fans where possible. A break will leave an incredible fixture pile up cluster fuck.

At this point, the game needs to become less obsessed with money. The FA Cup should be cancelled this year, Champions League should resort to a single tie in the knockout stands and oh, how about getting rid of the abomination that is the world cup.

It's player covid not fan covid that is their focus....so no fans isn't the issue.
We may have to have fans attending but five a side games.

Judging by the ‘leaked SAGE minutes’ which made the headlines on the BBC lunchtime news, the whole country could be having a circuit break sooner rather than later. When you’ve got Neil Ferguson banging on again about worst case scenarios the govt will soon revert to plan Z. Can’t see us being back at Villa Park for a while tbh.

I posted a few days ago for the integrity of the final standings, for me there has to be a break. I would suggest all games between now and the 15th January need to be cancelled, and clubs only allowed to return to training in the new year.

Clubs, managers and players need to start taking more responsibility. Keep different teams apart, and even segregate the teams in training. Players seem to disregard every rule going from the pictures that emerged last year like politicians, I guess when you’re paid that much money in your twenties and thirties you think you’re above every law going, but they need to take responsibility.

Fuck the World Cup next winter. The domestic league and international club tournaments to real fans is more important than that sham of a World Cup.

We effectively have a 10-day break now as all players currently positive have to isolate. Unless the rules have changed again . So boxing day fixtures are off now ? . If so it needs to be announced now surely?.

I posted a few days ago for the integrity of the final standings, for me there has to be a break. I would suggest all games between now and the 15th January need to be cancelled, and clubs only allowed to return to training in the new year.

Clubs, managers and players need to start taking more responsibility. Keep different teams apart, and even segregate the teams in training. Players seem to disregard every rule going from the pictures that emerged last year like politicians, I guess when you’re paid that much money in your twenties and thirties you think you’re above every law going, but they need to take responsibility.

Fuck the World Cup next winter. The domestic league and international club tournaments to real fans is more important than that sham of a World Cup.
But if you cancel all the games for 2 or 3 weeks what happens if in the first week back one or more clubs have an outbreak and then even more games neeed to be rearranged, on top of the other rearranged games. And if you put in a full league break because some clubs have outbreaks how is that fair on other clubs who don’t have outbreaks now, but might at other times of the season and presumably wouldn’t get the benefit of the whole league shutting down at the same time?

But if you cancel all the games for 2 or 3 weeks what happens if in the first week back one or more clubs have an outbreak and then even more games neeed to be rearranged, on top of the other rearranged games. And if you put in a full league break because some clubs have outbreaks how is that fair on other clubs who don’t have outbreaks now, but might at other times of the season and presumably wouldn’t get the benefit of the whole league shutting down at the same time?
It's either one or the other you postpone games or play with any 11 players you can muster I think.
I think we will have the same players out for 10 days isolation now?

That’s why I think it has to come down to clubs and players taking more responsibility. If a team can’t put out a first XI, they have to put youngsters in. Goes against my integrity point at the start I know, but I feel you need to start making clubs accountable for some of this too otherwise they inevitably lose games.

I’d be keeping the first team players in a training ground bubble for starters if they’re not already. Surely they could be made to lateral flow test every day too as they walk in to training that would help?

I don’t want to get accused of being an AVFC covid expert because I obviously have no idea what goes on, but I do get the sense the player power is a hidden force, and clubs needs to step up - not by forcing vaccinations, but by implementing the protocols and processes to minimise infections.

Last edited: