Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 178 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

I guessed at a dozen in receivership by the end of the season a while back - I don't anticipate today's return to work at home etc being reversed ahead of Spring so that's the whole season gone.

I don't think they will suspend sport at all , the financial implications will put paid to that idea given that most of the governing bodies are facing terrible losses.

If the players have to go onto the pitch in full PPE gear - not the non-existent stuff that UK taxpayers paid half a billion pounds to Liz Truss's cronies for of course - then they will do, no way are they cancelling games/the season again, not a chance.

The full update, used with the express permission of the club:

With the 2020/21 season now under way, the club would like to update supporters regarding the status of ticketing and memberships for the new campaign and share with you the current status of our plans regarding the potential return of fans to Villa Park.

In recent months we have been working very hard on proposals to bring our supporters back to our home but as we all know, the recent increase in both Coronavirus infection rates and the COVID alert level has led to a tightening of regulations at both national and local level, including here in Birmingham.

We also are mindful of The Prime Minister’s statement today introducing further restrictions and confirmation that plans for fans to return to watch live sport next month have been cancelled.

Season Tickets

The club can confirm that there are no plans for season tickets to go on sale for 2020/21.

When a return of supporters to Villa Park is possible this season, tickets for any games will be sold via ballots of 2019/20 season ticket holders due to the limited capacities expected in the stadium.

The club came to this decision after we consulted supporters via a survey with 7,701 fans responding. 81% of our supporters said that they preferred a ballot to decide entry if capacities were reduced.

The club will also make provision for supporters who require a place in the Accessible Seating and Wheelchair Bays to be able to access games via their own ballot, when fans are permitted to return.

Any proposals to return supporters require safety approvals from the regulatory authorities and as it is currently not possible to receive those permissions, we will continue to examine all options. Supporters can be assured that when conditions allow, we will submit the appropriate plans for authorisation which prioritise your safety.

The club cannot guarantee Season Ticket Holders that they would be able to sit in their regular seats in any games which have a limited return of supporters, but we can confirm that 2019/20 Season Ticket Holders will have their seats held for them to use again once there is a full return to the pre-COVID capacities.

Memberships

Memberships are still on hold for the 2020/21 season. With ticket access, £10 ticket voucher and free junior tickets being some of the benefits to memberships, the club believe it is appropriate to delay any new memberships sales while it is still unclear if these benefits could be utilised.

Season 2019/20 members will continue to receive other benefits such as regular newsletters, access to Pride Rewards and points will continue to be rolled over.

19/20 members will also receive a discount towards renewal when 20/21 memberships do become available to compensate for any benefits missed at the end of the 19/20 season.

The club are in the process of planning and reviewing our membership offering with the view to release a new range of memberships containing a diverse set of benefits during the 20/21 season. This is likely to be in early 2021.

Hospitality

Hospitality members will also be selected via their own ballot in the event of supporters being allowed back into stadiums in reduced numbers. 2019/20 season members will be eligible to enter the ballot when invited.

The club cannot guarantee Hospitality Season Ticket Holders that they would be able to sit in their regular seats in any games which have a limited return of supporters, but we can confirm that 2019/20 Season Ticket Holders will also have their seats held for them to use again once there is a full return to the pre-COVID capacities.

We hope to be able to welcome supporters back to Villa Park as soon as possible but for obvious reasons, cannot give a timeframe. We remain in regular dialogue with all the regulatory authorities and The Premier League.

In the meantime, we would like to thank all supporters for their continuing patience and will update you on further developments as soon as possible.

No surprise really, rumours of a return to stadiums in October seemed more than optimistic. Always thought there was a strong chance the entire season would be behind closed doors, I hope not, but I’ll take any individual visit to VP as a bonus

As right. I assumed that it was sent to all season ticket holders and members.
My dad got emailed the survey and as our accounts are linked it may have just been sent to him to respond for both of us. But overall I don’t know if it was supposed to be for everyone or if it was just a random sample. I don’t think anyone can complain at the outcome, it seems the fairest way of doing of it

30 000 ish season ticket holders? So virtually 1 in 4 answering. For survey reactions, that is high, especially when they might not have gone out to all, maybe just to the main booker if a group booking is made, some will be non-delivered/caught as spam etc.

30 000 ish season ticket holders? So virtually 1 in 4 answering. For survey reactions, that is high, especially when they might not have gone out to all, maybe just to the main booker if a group booking is made, some will be non-delivered/caught as spam etc.

Yes there was a question about going with others in your group , so perhaps that covered them.

So the reason for bringing the kick of time forward 15 mins for our game on Monday is that people will be able to watch our game and the one after in the pub before it closes.

Hmmm.