Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 103 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

I see an article this morning where Liverpool and Man Utd insisting on relegation being included in any deal to get the season finished. If this is the case could it be argued that Utd have a vested interest in Villa going down, as this would possibly reduce Jack's valuation, they have been chasing him all season according to all and sundry ???

I think it's hilarious that players won't be able to share a changing room, eat together even 2 metres apart, use the training ground toilets, live with their families, travel to matches in the same vehicle or get a haircut but it will be safe enough for their sweaty bodies to clatter into each other in tackles and Mark each other touch tight at corners and set pieces.

It strikes me as quite cynical that the government used the footballers as a bit of a punch bag re the wages etc , but now they want to remain popular seemingly want them to start playing again .

A strange world when it's not safe to open the club shop or offices but it is for players to play a contact sport. You would imagine it to be far safer the other way round

They're coming up with all sorts of bullshit right now, including floating the idea of shorter halves https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52542756

If you can't play it properly then don't fucking bother with it at all.
I think the Oxford dictionary will have to amend its definition of the word desperate to include Premier League and football somewhere in it.

And I thought they wanted to get up and running again to protect "the integrity of the competition" :lol:
Imagine a game where there's 30 minute halves, no fucker in the stadium therefore zero atmosphere. What sort of product is that? I certainly won't be bringing back Sky Sports and certainly won't be watching, even the Villa games I'm not sure about and at most would be a stream.

I'd imagine many people will feel the same.

Imagine a game where there's 30 minute halves, no fucker in the stadium therefore zero atmosphere. What sort of product is that? I certainly won't be bringing back Sky Sports and certainly won't be watching, even the Villa games I'm not sure about and at most would be a stream.

I'd imagine many people will feel the same.

Personally I'm only interested if I can go and watch the game, I realise that won't happen but I don't support any behind closed door nonsense it's with all or nothing for me

Personally I'm only interested if I can go and watch the game, I realise that won't happen but I don't support any behind closed door nonsense it's with all or nothing for me
I am very much an all or nothing type person, and if I cant have what I want I will go without thanks very much.
I have never made do with second best, and as regards a fan spectacle this proposal is very much second best.
I understand all the finance arguements re the survival of the game, but I wont be contributing.

When you take all this into consideration it seems totally crazy that people want to put anyone’s health potentially at risk in order to start and force the finish of the season.