football as we know it doomed | Vital Football

football as we know it doomed

bigchap

Vital Youth Team
when a goalkeeper tells a manager he is not coming off .
Monday morning this clown needs his contract terminating.
this by the way is the Chelsea goalkeeper in the league cup final watched by millions
makes you wonder how much Wigan athletic players take notice of PC
BC

If he played for the Latics and did that I'd hope he would never wear the shirt again. A total lack of respect for the manager, the fans and football. Plus he was crap in the penalty shoot out. I wonder if the club will take action. I somehow doubt it.

Can't believe the manager let him away with it.
Did you see the guy with the earpiece in talking to Sarri before he stormed off. Someones overruled him remotely.

Players have the power, pure and simple! Also the club cannot buy anyone for 12 months so will not be kicked out!!

Absolute disgrace; Kepa should be dropped for the rest of the season. The incident perfectly epitomised all that's wrong with Premier League football nowadays; overrated players believing their own hype and thinking they can overrule the manager. Caballero would've done much better in the shoot out as well as penalties are his speciality. I remember him winning the Carabao Cup Final (ironically for Manchester City against Liverpool in 2015-16). Think he saved three penalties in that game. Anyway, that's irrelevant; if the manager decides you're coming off, then you have to accept this.

Just a stupid and plainly disrespectful decision by Kepa, and if he isn't dropped now then it sends out the message to the rest of the players that, essentially they can do whatever they want and face little to no consequences for it.

Last edited:
Absolute disgrace; Kepa should be dropped for the rest of the season. The incident perfectly epitomised all that's wrong about Premier League football nowadays; overrated players believing their own hype and thinking they can overrule the manager. Caballero would've done much better in the shoot out as well as penalties are his speciality. I remember him winning the Carabao Cup Final (ironically for Manchester City against Liverpool in 2015-16). Think he saved three penalties in that game. Anyway, that's irrelevant; if the manager decides you're coming off, then you have to accept this.

Just a stupid and plainly disrespectful decision by Kepa, and if he isn't dropped now then it sends out the message to the rest of the players that, essentially they can do whatever they want and face little to no consequences for it.

Sadly Willshah

Its not just limited to the greed league aka the Prem, these over paid, over hyped & pampered so called stars are awash over all the leagues, from prem stars like Andy Carroll n Barton down to lower leagues & the likes of Nile Ranger / Joey Barton - feted & fawned over so much that they think they are indispensable & better than the club they represent. Way way too much money at a young age give these lads a totally false sense of reality so until that money is drastically reduced across the whole of football ( salary capping) then the likes of the Chelsea clown keeper will become the norm. Will it change.......doubt it very much at all!!

Sadly Willshah

Its not just limited to the greed league aka the Prem, these over paid, over hyped & pampered so called stars are awash over all the leagues, from prem stars like Andy Carroll n Barton down to lower leagues & the likes of Nile Ranger / Joey Barton - feted & fawned over so much that they think they are indispensable & better than the club they represent. Way way too much money at a young age give these lads a totally false sense of reality so until that money is drastically reduced across the whole of football ( salary capping) then the likes of the Chelsea clown keeper will become the norm. Will it change.......doubt it very much at all!!

Yeah but I do think the situation is much worse in the Prem. Can’t think of a single Championship player that’d do what Kepa did today.

Yeah but I do think the situation is much worse in the Prem. Can’t think of a single Championship player that’d do what Kepa did today.
Oh I do think there's loads all over the leagues cos they're all treated like prima donnas, paid a shed load of cash & have no grasp on reality, told they can do no wrong & when told off are like little spoilt brats.

Oh I do think there's loads all over the leagues cos they're all treated like prima donnas, paid a shed load of cash & have no grasp on reality, told they can do no wrong & when told off are like little spoilt brats.

I guess you’re right but in the Premier League the pay is just so astronomical it’s a different level; there are average players that don’t even make the first team of a lower mid table side, that are millionaires.

I guess you’re right but in the Premier League the pay is just so astronomical it’s a different level; there are average players that don’t even make the first team of a lower mid table side, that are millionaires.

Sooner the game goes bust / Sky Sports moves on with their 50 pieces of Gold to another country & we get back to home grown local talent coming to the fore & actually getting a game then we may become a footballing nation again!!!

when a goalkeeper tells a manager he is not coming off .
Monday morning this clown needs his contract terminating.
this by the way is the Chelsea goalkeeper in the league cup final watched by millions
makes you wonder how much Wigan athletic players take notice of PC
BC

At fans forum Cook said they don't listen to him about defending throwings. Says he tells them every week and they keep doing it.

Good point King ! maybe a fine would work
the captain should be the gaffers voice on the pitch
who I think is Fox?
BC

Football as we know it is doomed is a true statement especially, at Prem level under the control of Sky, but the majority of TV punters would have it no other way. Great box office, and the ratings which have been falling will soar if SKY could guarantee incidents such as what we experienced on TV. Sarri running up and down was great, what was lacking was Pepi not playing his part doing maybe doing a few somersaults. It was one hell of a laugh.