Fixtures 2020/21 | Vital Football

Fixtures 2020/21

We’re in a league we shouldn’t be in, yet there is a very real possibility we may not have a club to actually start in it. We’re selling players out of necessity and so may not even have a squad to talk of even if the club exists. We don’t know if or when we’ll be able to actually attend games, especially away from home. To be honest, i’ve little interest in what the actual list looks like as it’s irrelevant at this time.

We’re in a league we shouldn’t be in, yet there is a very real possibility we may not have a club to actually start in it. We’re selling players out of necessity and so may not even have a squad to talk of even if the club exists. We don’t know if or when we’ll be able to actually attend games, especially away from home. To be honest, i’ve little interest in what the actual list looks like as it’s irrelevant at this time.

My thoughts entirely - one week at a time and just hoping we've still got a club & team to field.
But yesterday was a positive day and I am filled with a little more optimism.
We've still currently got some decent players within the squad at the moment.

My thoughts entirely - one week at a time and just hoping we've still got a club & team to field.
But yesterday was a positive day and I am filled with a little more optimism.
We've still currently got some decent players within the squad at the moment.

I suppose at the moment we have a better squad than Bolton had at the start of last season, but we are certain to lose 3 more I reckon, even if new owners come in, so hopefully any new owners will have a recruitment team in place from day one.

This may have already been mentioned on another thread and I know this has been in place for a few years now, but is anyone else as angry as me about the inclusion of Premier league clubs development teams being involved in the EFL trophy?
I appreciate this isn't the most prestigious trophy but it's something lower league teams can aim at to give their often long suffering fans something to aim at. If we do get a buyer and we are involved in this tournament it gauls me that at some point we will be giving Liverpool's kids and reserves experience in first team play all be it probably against a second string team! Is there anything else us lower league teams can do to help the greed league get stronger!?🤬

If we survive and find a buyer, then hopefully we have a right go at the Auto Windscreens next season. Get to Wembley, win the whole thing, invade the pitch at the end and serenade the EFL with the bad publicity it deserves. We won't go down silently!

Agree with other posters who are not too bothered about analysing the fixture list just yet,until we find a buyer.
But just out of interest I looked for the fixtures against Charlton because both sets of fans are planning a mass,joint protest against the EFL at the game.(Hopefully both clubs will survive,so it happens).
I thought this would likely happen for the return fixture as I doubt away fans will be allowed in till the new year.
Well guess what,suprise,suprise those cowards at the EFL have only made it a Tuesday night game(in March)so hardly any away fans will be in attendance.Absolute slithering s****hawks!

I think L1 will be very competitive this coming season, the last couple of times we were in it we were obviously head and shoulders above the rest baring one or two in terms of quality and there was no excuse to not get promoted. This year there are more big sides then ever with us, Pompey, Charlton, Sunderland, Ipswich Hull and some of the previous mid table sides like Peterborough, Oxford and Fleetwood putting together a good side. I also think Plymouth and Swindon will be dark horses with good managers and momentum from promotion.

I think it will be the strongest L1 ever. Would be a real scrap even without our off field drama.

If we survive and find a buyer, then hopefully we have a right go at the Auto Windscreens next season. Get to Wembley, win the whole thing, invade the pitch at the end and serenade the EFL with the bad publicity it deserves. We won't go down silently!
And hopefully beat a premier league development team in the final!👍

All English Football League games will be available to watch from home while matches continue to be played behind closed doors or at limited capacity.

A "flexible framework" has been agreed with Sky Sports to allow all games not televised live to be streamed online.

The EFL says it is a "temporary measure" that will be "subject to regular review" from early October.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53918064