Fixture List 20/21 | Vital Football

Fixture List 20/21

Whitstabletangerine

Vital Reserves Team
I normally get quite excited about the release of the fixture list but this season with the announcement due next week I can't find the same enthusiasm, probably because I will not get to see many matches this coming season.
With the start in Mid September and finishing early May we will be 7 league games adrift with last season by the time we get going so a fair number of mid week matches will be on the cards, so crossed fingers that injuries do not occur too widely.
There is always the possibility that due to the virus that the season could once again come to an abrupt end with games still to be played, hopefully not, but have the EFL got a plan B just in case?
Most clubs will find it really tough without decent attendances, more matches played under lights adding further costs and I wouldn't be surprised if some clubs decide to travel on the day of the match assuming they are not hundreds of miles away in an attempt to cut costs of hotels etc.
Four weeks come this Saturday and it all begins once again, I just hope all the clubs finish the season and do not enter administration or get wound up, clubs are part of the community for fans and local businesses.

I`m looking forward to the fixtures coming out, always have done. Thing is Whitstable, I can understand some of your reticence, now you`ve read about all the quality players that the Gills are shipping in - Tangerines have got some real competition ! Seriously, i can see where you`re coming from - this will be a season like no other. Personally, i`m hoping that clubs allow visiting fans as that`s how I get to see most of my GFC games. Hopefully, the EFL won`t restrict attendances to under 33% for too long.

My worry is that fans won't be allowed in, with people not wearing masks, not social distancing, the number of new cases is on the rise.
I don't think most clubs in league 1 and 2 can survive without the gate receipts, I just hope we still have football this time next year.

Tomorrow, Tuesday, Gills will discover who they will lock horns with in the "Cariboo Cup" - we`re ball #15.

Why am I even mentioning this ? Must be really excited about the new season, even the wotsit cup thingy. COYG,

Yes indeed. He can kick-off by making ifollow free for season ticket holders. That will help to subdue some of us who feel hard done by , because we've got season tickets from last season and bought them already for this season

Agree. I committed (myself!) to a two year season ticket back pre-Covid (that's a historical period description now) and like most, would just like to know what's going to happen.

Southend at home in the Cariboo is a great way to kick off the season. Watched us demolish them 0-3 at their place a while back in our league opener. Should double that easily! :party:

Arsenal's U21s have been drawn in our group for the EFL Trophy (along with Ipswich and Crawley)
Hope it is Ipswich away .That will be nice and local after I move and should be able to go work permitting if it is at the normal time of year if Covid doesn't kick off again.

Hope it is Ipswich away .That will be nice and local after I move and should be able to go work permitting if it is at the normal time of year if Covid doesn't kick off again.
As it stands, no away fans allowed.
I expect you would get a ticket in the home end.
It would hardly be a sell out even if home fans were allowed

Interesting first day clash in the PL with Leeds playing Liverpool. Brings back memories of some good matches and even better fights. Bremner v Keegan anyone?????

As it stands, no away fans allowed.
I expect you would get a ticket in the home end.

If you refine your Devon accent, me my Lanky accent, and those in various outposts do the same, then perhaps we could arrange "home" ticketing via the local "Gills Embassy" - :car: