First half of interview with Clive | Vital Football

First half of interview with Clive

Excellent listen. We have been so fortunate to have had Clive invest in our club and for him to bring his financial expertise and love of football to the club.

Amazing listen - can’t wait for part 2. So refreshing to get the inside track on Clive’s involvement with the club and especially the transfer dealings that went on with the Cowleys. Brilliant - thanks Clive 👏👏.

Good to hear Clive recall some of the defining moments at the club since his arrival, of which there have been many. I will always be grateful for the opportunity to watch the Imps win a trophy at Wembley, something seemingly impossible for an Imps fan.
The transformation at the club from top to bottom with Clive at the helm has been a remarkable journey.

Only just had the opportunity to listen to this Part 1 Podcast. Well worth a listen for anyone who has not done so.

A very interesting and inciteful interview from a real fan. Lovely to hear his personal take on defining events including his joy at Nathan’s goal, the signing of Sean Raggett, the arrival and departure of Danny and Nicky etc. What a delightful man Clive Nates is; we are extremely fortunate to have him as our chairman.

Only just had the opportunity to listen to this Part 1 Podcast. Well worth a listen for anyone who has not done so.

A very interesting and inciteful interview from a real fan. Lovely to hear his personal take on defining events including his joy at Nathan’s goal, the signing of Sean Raggett, the arrival and departure of Danny and Nicky etc. What a delightful man Clive Nates is; we are extremely fortunate to have him as our chairman.
absolutely that - top man Clive

Apart from the various transfer stories, the confirmation that DC/NC wanted more from the Club were able to offer I presume in terms of a Transfer budget and off they went . Trust in Clive and the Board that this was the right decision and we have to live within our means.

It’s a great listen and a good insight into what really happens behind closed doors. On a personal level I had the pleasure of first meeting Clive in the terraces at Barrow on a wet Monday night sandwiched between the Ipswich and Brighton Cup games. When ever he has been over since and attended away games we seem to bump into each other and have a casual chat about all things Lincoln in the same way most fans do, he is humble and generous with his time enough to ask after family members he has previously met. He is one of a kind and It’s really nice to see the him up on his feet celebrating a goal just like the mob around him with no sense of aloofness or superiority. He obviously reads this board as he asked me at the Charlton game , with a twinkle in his eye, if I was happier now with the new manager. He’s a proper good bloke.

Really interesting listen. Some great questions with some excellent answers.
As others have said we are extremely lucky to have Clive as our Chairman, we landed on our feet when he got involved with our club.

Had the pleasure of bumping into Clive in town once with my mother. Didn’t want to hassle him whilst he was shopping (but we did, sorry Clive!) I just wanted him to know just how much ourselves and as fans in general we really appreciate all that he does and has done for us since he came onboard.

Clive is such a down to earth guy, he remembers my brother Pete, who runs the Southwest Imps, certain birthdays, and often asks him about me and my mother when they meet up at games.

Sadly we lost our mother just before Christmas, she was 93 and a ST holder this season so I hope you don’t mind me mentioning about our loss to the greater Imps family Pete.

I guess what I am trying to get across is just how personable and genuine Clive is, I truly think there won’t be a chairman in the footballing world with the empathy and understanding Clive gives us all, we are incredibly lucky.

Last edited:
Sam is excellent, but I really needed him to follow up on Clive's observation about Barnet getting the better deal in terms of big John. That has so many strands it could be an episode in itself!