First Game Back First Point For Evans | Vital Football

First Game Back First Point For Evans

We played with more intent today , especially first half. In the final third of the pitch, our crossing, finishing and general decision making, still remains pretty awful. Surprised at the lack of urgency shown by Brum, until late into the game, when, as usual, we ran out of steam and started getting pinned back in our own half. As Matt Taylor said - we have few 90-minute players. True, but the ones that he signed had the same faults. :confused:

We did actually look like we were trying to score today, for the first time in ages. Slight improvement under the new regime, but the same was true for a couple of games at the start with MT, and then with LR, in charge. Unfortunately , those improvements only lasted very briefly, especially wth the latter. Only time will tell...

It was interesting more than it was exciting. You could see that it was an exercise in ‘back to basics’ - keeping a good shape, communicating and getting balls into the box at every opportunity. The result didn’t really matter. Personally I thought most of the players did ok. Both Odoffin and Nombe were very wasteful in possession. You could see Raynor doing his nut a few times when Nombe just needed to lay the ball off and then get himself into the box but instead tried to turn or have too many touches. And although Odoffin has his qualities, imo his first touch is often quite poor (which is why we see him regularly lunging into tackles). But all in all it was a decent performance and no doubt a useful exercise for the new management team to assess what they have inherited. All thoughts are with the poor bloke who needed the medical help and hats off the emergency services for their response.

You could see Raynor doing his nut a few times when Nombe just needed to lay the ball off and then get himself into the box but instead tried to turn or have too many touches.
Don't you think that's been happening all season, CleanSweeper (it's another of my bugbears) not just with Nombe but a lot of our players - two touches when one would do, touching the ball then going round in a circle before touching it at least once more and sending it (usually to no-one).

Don't you think that's been happening all season, CleanSweeper (it's another of my bugbears) not just with Nombe but a lot of our players - two touches when one would do, touching the ball then going round in a circle before touching it at least once more and sending it (usually to no-one).
I do. I have felt sorry for Nombe at times chasing lost causes but on the whole I think he has been disappointing. He is an honest hard working player but his first touch isn’t great and he does look very raw for someone who has now played a lot of pro football.

I do. I have felt sorry for Nombe at times chasing lost causes but on the whole I think he has been disappointing. He is an honest hard working player but his first touch isn’t great and he does look very raw for someone who has now played a lot of pro football.
being honest, he has not been good. Definitely not worth the money. SO FAR. I'm not writing him off yet. Wait till next season.....

Well done to the medical services and everyone else on attending the illness of Sid Barraclough.
Hope he has a speedy recovery and out of critical care asap.
Well done also to both sets of fans for being patient and showing respect in a difficult situation.

Typical SE set up with four across the back.
Liked the way our back four came out all together to help press and negate the Blues midfield, not seen that for quite some time.
It allowed Ollie to do what he’s best at .
Cafu played his part until he had to go off injured.
Andy RINOMHOTA, really like this lad and may be worth making enquiries about his availability for next season.
He gets a foot in when required to break play up, likes to get involved and can spot a pass.
Improved performance however I agree with mike, delivery into the box was poor and can be worked on.

Once the end of the season is here the Management team will know exactly what we need for next season.
Plenty to work with, midfield should be fine and need the obvious bit more quality in certain areas…..
Over to you Mr Evans.

Apologies for droning on, I’m bored atm lol.