Final Whistle | Vital Football

Final Whistle

fanforlife

Alert Team
I have never experienced a home win with such a muted Carrow Road at the final whistle as yesterday...it was if everyone around each other was waiting for someone else to clap and cheer..it didnt happen....A very strange scenario.

Those who went to the game did you notice it also?....I refer to the Barclay where I sit.

It was awfully quiet in the upper Barclay right through the second half. But we were pretty poor at times in that half, couldn't seem to get any sort of grip on the game. I think a lot of that was Palace pressing us much higher than in the first half, but we did our old trick of retreating too much and even when we did get the ball on the ground, there was a reluctance to get forward in any numbers. Maybe it was just quiet relief that we got the three points, maybe it was a bit of sadness that we still have Hughton as manager!

First time I have logged on all day as been busy at my mum's doing jobs. Strangely enough have just this past ten mins discussed with my brother how downbeat crowd were at full time. It was noticed by many of his mates too.

That was very noticeable and reported on Nearly Live! that OTBC wasn't heard in the second half, in fact it wasn't much heard in the entire game - that is a strange thing because even when we were losing 6-0 to Man City OTBC rang out very loud and only from 3000, not 22000.

It was a quiet match and I can only remember very few singing outbursts. Carrow Road is becoming a soulless place to be these days.

It was so quiet when I watched it that I thought when the ref blew for full time he was blowing for a foul or something. Didn't realise until the commentator said it was full time. Deafening silence, people are just fed up.

Exactly. Sums feelings up I suppose. Three points gained but no excitement. Sadly that is our lot right now.

That seems a long time ago NY ( two years?) and our first ever meet up!! I think we were both as bad as each other. Hope we don't make same mistake on Saturday if we manage to stay awake that is!

Yep was very quite and Palace fans sung loudest but away normally do.

My dad's response 'I am not clapping that load of boring shit' haha