Final goodbye | Vital Football

Final goodbye

Thought about him a few times this morning, two of his old Clubs had good results last night in his honour, Watford and us. Thanks Graham.

Disappointed we didn't get a mention on 5 Live last night when they spoke about Watford marking his funeral by winning at Arsenal..still Solihull doesn't have the same resonance, however it does mean we are edging ever-closer to the away record of the great man's 1975-76 squad

syimp - 1/2/2017 13:52

Disappointed we didn't get a mention on 5 Live last night when they spoke about Watford marking his funeral by winning at Arsenal..still Solihull doesn't have the same resonance, however it does mean we are edging ever-closer to the away record of the great man's 1975-76 squad

Not surprised. Media seemed to forget GT's strong Lincoln connections. It was all Watford, Elton John and Villa blah blah blah. They only woke up to it after the tribute at our televised FA Cup game.

For an old fart like me Graham Taylors time at Sincil Bank has been the highlight of my Imps supporting life. With the Cowleys here I think we could make new memories and eventually talk about them being City legends in the same sentence as GT.

This club has always had a special place in Taylors heart, it's almost like GT was waiting for someone to take the reigns of this team and lead them into the future, he saw what was happening and he was happy to move on.

R.I.P. and thanks for some great memories.

Some very emotional Watford fans on the news this evening. Not even a mention of his time at Lincoln.
Lincoln the club where it started as a manager for a great man.

R.I.P. you and your time at Lincoln will never be forgotten by Lincoln fans.