Film, Book And TV Show Recommendations | Page 2 | Vital Football

Film, Book And TV Show Recommendations

Just finished watching the first season of Mr Robot on Amazon Prime - stars Rami Malek and Christi Slater. It’s not bad, centred around computer hacking and the chaotic lifestyle of the main characte, Elliot, played by Malek.

If you have Amazon Prime and on recommendation from my eldest daughter
( now agreed by myself ) The Aeronauts is worth watching if you have
1 hour 45 mins to spare.

If you have Amazon Prime and on recommendation from my eldest daughter
( now agreed by myself ) The Aeronauts is worth watching if you have
1 hour 45 mins to spare.

Saw this film at the Vue in Norwich . Excellent movie and has you ‘on the edge of your seat at times ‘. It is based on the true stories of just how many women were the early aeronauts. It should be out on DVD soon

A quick update for you all here with two sport documentaries.

The first is on Netflix and it’s called “The Last Dance”. It‘s about the six time NBA winning Chicago Bulls side featuring Michael Jordan and Scotty Pippen etc. I’m not a basketball fan at all but this doc had a lot of good reviews and I always find it fascinating to see how the best professional sports teams or individuals prepare and deal with tough situations. It’s excellent viewing for any sport fan.

The other is one that DG has probably already seen on Amazon Prime - “The Test.” this documentary follows the Australian cricket team in the wake of the ball tampering scandal and their subsequent revamping of the team. Similar to above, in the way it gives access to some big players in the game. I have no love for the Australians when England are playing them at all but view this as another window into the dressing room of some top sportsmen. Fascinating stuff, except when they play England in the Ashes :(

Thanks Tuckster.
I will watch that.

I am now having trouble recalling the name of a cricket documentary but it focused on how England set about being number one test team in the world and achieved it for a short time ( its getting there that counts I suppose ).
It was all about the pressure on the players and how they feel the need to achieve the great expectations of fans and media and that combined with constant touring and big games had a huge mental effect on some players in particular.

Just asked my brother. Its called The Edge on Amazon Prime.

One thing not to watch is what I assume will be tediously sickening tv programme on 30 year wait for scousers to finally win the premier league.