Film, Book And TV Show Recommendations | Vital Football

Film, Book And TV Show Recommendations

Tuckster

Alert Team
Staff member
Most of us will have to spend a lot more time at home in the coming months so I thought it might be useful to share good stuff we’ve seen or read etc.

I’m currently reading a book called “SAS Shadow Raiders” by Damien Lewis - it’s a factual Second World War book based on the unit’s earliest origins and the missions they undertook. I’m about halfway through and it’s a cracker

Good idea Tuckser.

Sounds like a very good read.

I am still working very long hours and will keep doing that
whilst work stays as it is before the predicted slow down so no time to read.
Just short tv breaks for me and what I can recommend for light hearted
viewing if anyone has Amazon Prime is the movie ' The Upside ' that I watched on
Saturday evening.

Sounds like a good time to watch all those 'Game of Thrones' episodes you missed.

The new ‘Midway’ film was released on DVD last week and if you are interested in WW2 this superb film tells the story of the most momentous and game changing day in the war

Whenever I get above myself, I have a go at the easier problems in 'The Turing test'. That soon sorts me out:unsure:

Stephen Carver - I went (pre virus) to his very good lecture re NASA - their culture and the two main disasters (1986 Challenger and 2003) and how senior people in organisations don't listen to people/ risk taking.

55 mins or so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyrRoKN_kvg

Worth the hour and if any of you do watch it I'll be interested to hear your feedback.

Last edited:
Stephen Carver - I went (pre virus) to his very good lecture re NASA - their culture and the two main disasters (1986 Challenger and 2003) and how senior people in organisations don't listen to people/ risk taking.

55 mins or so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyrRoKN_kvg

Worth the hour and if any of you do watch it I'll be interested to hear your feedback.
That sounds just like my organisation, BB. Will give it a go When I get an hour

If anyone is having a bit of a rough time with social distancing and is getting a bit fed up may I recommend reading ‘ The First Day On The Somme’ by Martin Middlebrook. The is the definitive work on the terrible events of that fatal day in July 1916

Compared with suffering in both world wars I suppose we are having a few essentials taken away. However it is very serious and the families who have already lost loved ones are suffering just as much pain as those who incurred losses in the terrible wars.

I wouldn't want to be close to either of them.

I like how she only came out for the drinks....typical Delia