FFS - de Jong Out Again | Vital Football

FFS - de Jong Out Again

What the ????
Need some clever fecker to explain how a seemingly 'fit' bloke gets a collapsed lung.

Birdys - 10/2/2015 21:13

What the ????
Need some clever fecker to explain how a seemingly 'fit' bloke gets a collapsed lung.

God knows but he's had one before. People reckon that we got him so cheap because his guarantee had run out

Twice now it's happened to the lad. You would think a medical would show any potential problem. Maybe it did, hence the bargain transfer fee.

Unbelievable. Perhaps the only thing that has kept the remainder of the season interesting was the antisipated return of De Jong. Now he's not available the season is definitely over. Won't see him play again this season.

Said it when he came that he was good but a complete crock. Ashley takes risks on people like Ba etc. I just love it when it goes tits up for him.

Marveaux was another that went tit's up as well. You can imagine when Charnley rings Mike up with the news he'll be jumping up and down like a fucking lunatic - `I'm paying the **** 50K a week and the fucker never plays you little, fat, four eyed ****'. I'm parachuting Joe in to teach you a lesson.

Its little things like this that makes it worthwhile, knowing fatty is paying him what is it £50k pw for nowt. Ive nowt against Krul but another little spell on the sidelines with only the ginger fat **** and that useless young'un waiting in the wings would be a disaster for Carver.

I believe if you have had a collapsed lung before you are susceptible to getting it again not sure why but someone i work with had exactly the same happen

Don't think it was for any particular reason either

A collapsed lung?!!?!!? It sounds fucking life threatening, never mind a few missed games of footie.

Your right JT it tends to happen in tall young men (usually athletic types) and to be fair there is not much way of picking it up on a medical, now he has had a second one they will probably operate to stop it happening again.

Total waste of money with is fitness record. Presumably recommended by Carr as the ashley/Charnley football knowledge is non existent and pardew is not consulted.

I hope he's on a long contract, and never plays a game for us, and Ashley forks out wages for him for as long as possible.

Long term I'd say he'll likely have to have pleurodesis either chemically or by surgery. It'll leave a scar on his lung. Bad luck for the lad but Ashley's done his money .