FFP does it REALLY exist?? | Vital Football

FFP does it REALLY exist??

Gratzimp

Vital Squad Member
Seems to be a few clubs who are trying to "buy" success, even though they can't necessarily afford it. Village Green have made quite a few new signings, despite them winning L2 last season it appears that that squad isn't worth a salt. As soon as Derby came out of administration they were getting new players in (granted they only had four contracted players, but why not blood the youngsters?), thus adding to a wage structure that must surely be one of the highest in our league.
Sheff Weds, are splashing the cash in a bid to return to where they think they have a God given right to be.

As Wellington eluded to in a separate thread it's not really a level playing field anymore. But, as others have pointed out, it's not necessarily the clubs that actually have the money that are spending it. It's a case of buying success as the clubs know Financial Fair Play means diddley squat, and they can get away with it.

Go into administration, get assistance if you are a big name club (Derby), have the EFL bend their rules a little, then next season you are free to pay what you like, forget the budget and buy the league (as I believe Wigan did).

However, if you are not a big name or are not to successful, you end up like Bury, or have so many punishments and deductions that you may as well be kicked out the league (Luton).

FFP doesn't exist for the bigger name clubs with some history. IF Sheff Weds fail in their bid to buy the league, get into so much debt, go into administration, will the EFL allow them to "die" like Bury? Of course not, same can be said of Derby.

I read somewhere that potentially Manure could be £1bn in debt. 1 fricken billion!! How the hell does that work?

So does FFP exist? Not for big clubs.

As for us Imps, well I like to think we abide by the rules, and am proud that our successes have come from hard work, not hard cash.

There seems no will within the game to do anything about it, so it will just continue - maybe the 'law abiding' clubs should refuse to play fixtures against the 'cheats'?

We've had some quite substantial injections of cash into the club over the last few years tbf. Not as much as some of course but I don't think we can claim it's all just come from hard work rather than financial injections.

We've had some quite substantial injections of cash into the club over the last few years tbf. Not as much as some of course but I don't think we can claim it's all just come from hard work rather than financial injections.
But in our case it all seems planned, transparent and above board, without shafting our suppliers.