February Fixtures - Dagenham | Vital Football

February Fixtures - Dagenham

simes69

Vital Football Hero
I've just been having a scan through the fixtures for this month, and it looks as though Dagenham will come right into the reckoning by the time of our game against them on the 25th, making it an even bigger clash than it already was.

Whilst we play only 2 games prior to the Dagenham game (Woking (h) and NFU (A)) they play 4:

Chester (H)
Southport (A)
Guiseley (H)
Bromley (H)

It's definitely possible they can win all four of those putting them level with us by the time we play them, even assuming we win both our games. Their manager is experienced at this level and will know they are in with a great chance of having a say in the title race, even if they might have slipped under the radar recently.

Forest Green also only play 2 games (Borehamwood (H) and Gateshead (A)) playing Woking at home on the 25th.

Tranmere will also be there or thereabouts by the end of the month with:

Sutton (H)
Bromley (H)
Eastleigh (A)
and then Borehamwood (H) on the 25th.

There is a final round of matches for the month in the following midweek which look interesting:
Lincoln v York
Dagenham v Maidstone
Tranmere v Forest Green

Message for this month - Daggers more of a threat than FGR!!

End the month still on top of the pile and we'll be in a great position with a couple of games in hand.

I thought back in August that they would be serious challengers this season... As Simes says, a good, experienced manager who will have put together an honest, hard-working group.

Do hope we don't come to lament that awful Margetts miss against them back in August...!

We don't need to worry about anyone else, it is firmly in our hands now. We can just quietly smile to ourselves each time one of the chasing pack fails to get three points.

I thought they were in financial dire straights? Still is an excellent manager at this level so they are certainly dangerous if they hang onto their players.

GreenNeedle - 3/2/2017 13:09

Skip155 - 3/2/2017 10:21

D&R will have to be rescheduled if we win tomorrow - FA Trophy weekend.

My youngest will be disappointed. His team's QF is at half time on 25th.

It still could be if we get a home draw, couldn't it?

GreenNeedle - 3/2/2017 13:09

Skip155 - 3/2/2017 10:21

D&R will have to be rescheduled if we win tomorrow - FA Trophy weekend.

My youngest will be disappointed. His team's QF is at half time on 25th.

We're supposed to be match sponsors. Hopefully get through and get drawn at home