Fear not...Mi5/6 are upping their game... | Page 8 | Vital Football

Fear not...Mi5/6 are upping their game...

Anyone who tries to dignify their politics purely by showing that the other side tells lies is on a very slippery slope.
But when it's all you've got...................................................................................................all the time.

Oh well after all that excitement looks like another thread I won’t be bothering with
a bit more of my life I’ve clawed back !

Just watched Charlotte Grey film which ran into news at ten. Can't see the difference between the Nazis and the Russians. Main difference now is Nuclear threat, total destruction keeping things at bay...... for now.

So, in our remembrance day ritual where we all pledge "lest we forget", we have forgotten. Must apologise to my dad and grandad next November.

History repeats. The common denominator is the human race, selfish greed and the inability to trust and always need to point the blame on others. This is in all of us. Why can't we see this and change...........lest we forget

There is no doubt this is a dangerous situation, especially so if Putin gets put in a corner. We said when Bosnia happened 'How can this happen in Europe?'. Well were here again.

We are the last generation who had first hand contact with people who fought in WW1 and WW2. They tried to make sure that we never forgot. But how do you not forget something you didn't know in the first place. WW2 is as remote to the modern generation as the Boer War is to us. Its not the same as looking in the eyes of someone, like your dear Dad and Grandad, who put themselves in harms way to fight for freedom, and were lucky to come out the other side in one piece. When you've been in a real 'kill or be killed' situation for months, even years, you have a very different perspective than Twitter users who have never been near combat outside of computer games.

There is a big game being played here, and as usual its the PBI (Poor Bloody Infantry) and the civilians who are taking the losses. I don't trust any of the media reporting. They always have an angle on what gets reported and what doesn't. So long as we all have Putin = Bad in our minds, their work is done. Journalists have stopped asking questions about what is put in front of them to see.

I don't believe any political rhetoric from our so called leaders. Bosnia, Croatia, Syria, Libya, Iraq, and the last two years of Covid should all tell us they are incompetent and not driven by humanitarian objectives but ideologies which do not further the cause of peace. Neither do I think we should run the war based on what Twitter users think we should do next. This conflict will end at a conference table once Putin feels he has secured his borders. May that come soon.

it’s not just the politicising of football, but the continuing dumbing down of a complex and historic situation into ‘Ukraine good, Vlad bad’ being pushed down our throats.
I don't like the call to act like the SS and arrest any Russian for being Russian.

I don't like the call to act like the SS and arrest any Russian for being Russian.

Me neither. First it was the Brexiteers, then it was the unmasked and unvaccinated as being the target for everyones hatred. Then the Truckers, then anyone who has a different opinion, now Russians. It is just hate, from the people who cry out their victimhood at every opportunity. There is no effort in seeing both sides and making your mind up who to believe. (Its not as simple as it looks...)

Media says hate these hateful people, and there's a large group who is too stupid to see that for what it is.

Anyone thinking Putin is 100% to blame for the invasion/war should do some research.

A bit like a kid flapping about trying to scare off a wasp.....then gets stung.

Follow the money ........

The main difference this time is Putin obliquely threatened Nuclear retaliation if anyone opposed him. Unfortunately he seems to be insane enough to do it. NATO quite rightly didn't reply in kind.

The main difference this time is Putin obliquely threatened Nuclear retaliation if anyone opposed him. Unfortunately he seems to be insane enough to do it. NATO quite rightly didn't reply in kind.
Last week's STimes had an extensive article about his health, particularly his mental health, set over the last couple of years and the overwhelming conclusion was that he is mentally unstable and it's illness based not just the ranting and ravings of a very angry, deluded man.
Either way it doesn't bode well for anyone.
How difficult would it be to take him out?
Could it be done?
Would it make matters worse or are the Russians just blindly following him due to his omnipotence or do they believe in his cause?