FCG With Christian Purslow - 24th June | Vital Football

FCG With Christian Purslow - 24th June

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Fine folks

We have a fan consultation group meeting with the CEO, Christian Purslow, or Christian if I may be so familiar...!

Do you have any BIG picture items you want put on the agenda? It might be mostly him updating us, but if there are any big ticket items we want brought up in an agenda, that will be fine.

We will then have a further FCG, more of the nitty gritty things. I'll do a different thread for that at some stage.

And just for my time and what not, the less messing about in this thread, the better please.

I wouldn't be surprised if the clubs stance on the knee might be an issue that needs to be addressed?
I think a strongly worded question regarding that and encompassing any show of support for political groups/causes.

Please pass on my gratitude to the owners for their impeccable guidance. Most important topic for me, the management of covid. (And Mings’s chewing gum :LOL: - sorry!).
Replace kneeling with a message about unity and brotherhood of souls when players do their hand shaking performance at the start of each game.

I cant see us stopping the kneel, Mings has been frontline pushing for this throughout the season and into the England setup. Think its more of a case of asking what they plan to do when the boos happen (which they will lets be honest). This is going to divide the fans and cause agro right from the off. Admittedly every team will be affected by split fans in this regard but be interesting to see what the club say about it.

Many Catholic players cross themselves and its not seen as controversial. Maybe we can reach a situation where players feel free to take a quick knee without if being a big deal if everyone else does

Have we got a scouting presence in South America? Martinez, Buendia and Luiz all sourced from English clubs. What contacts do we have to identify players on their own ground?
I'm not certain that's a direction we'll be looking to go in to be honest, unless it's a young kid to develop. I always think about how long it took for Angel to adjust, and he was a superstar at a top Argentinian club at the time. I think the club has stated that any new signings moving forward will be those who are already familiar with the British game and culture....

When are Aston Villa going to win something? Tired of waiting now, it's been two years already :throw:.

Actually, big topic recently as part of the ESL debacle - are there plans to get fan representation on the board?

Personally think board representation would be awful. I've been caught between a rock and a hard place when I've gone to certain meetings and especially when I got to know Randy (I was on his pay list apparently) or when I met with Hollis to give the fans opinions of the mess going on .. etc

If you are on the board, properly, you are privy to all information, but then, would they really be open with a fan on the board? And if they were, how does the fan then tell other fans, he can answer certain things but not talk about some of the confidences of the board meeting?!

Fans on the board is not a workable premise. An advisory group of football people and fans is workable but subject to the pressures JF alluded to.
Ps. I saw evidence of him being on the payroll, he bought some sweets at Wembley in 2010