FCG Agenda Questions | Page 2 | Vital Football

FCG Agenda Questions

It has been mentioned in one of these threads before (but I don't believe made it to a meeting), about expanding or being able to restore some of the paving tiles around the ground that people bought circa mid-2000s.

I know my family would be interested as my late uncle was bought one following his early retirement (in a cheeky self-promo, I am running the London marathon in his memory this year; if you're interested in my fundraising page, PM me, don't want to upset Fear here now!).

It has been mentioned in one of these threads before (but I don't believe made it to a meeting), about expanding or being able to restore some of the paving tiles around the ground that people bought circa mid-2000s.

I know my family would be interested as my late uncle was bought one following his early retirement (in a cheeky self-promo, I am running the London marathon in his memory this year; if you're interested in my fundraising page, PM me, don't want to upset Fear here now!).

It was brought up mate, they can't do it, what they will think about about if the North Stand or anywhere else gets redeveloped is a walkway and maybe bricks (ie not walked on)

It was answered at a previous FCG :thumbup:

It was brought up mate, they can't do it, what they will think about about if the North Stand or anywhere else gets redeveloped is a walkway and maybe bricks (ie not walked on)

It was answered at a previous FCG :thumbup:

My bad, missed that in a minutes article. Apologies!

No apologies needed Tierney, not a problem at all.

I do wonder just how many issues there are now, that haven't been asked before. I've asked numerous times about the disabled situation (we are below the legal requirements) and obviously we've all brought up a good few times about poor service at matches.

To be fair Fear, although points might have been made in the past, if improvements haven't been seen (when club feedback implied there would be), I see no issue that the FCG raise the point once more. Otherwise it is very easy for the issue to be left to slide...

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but could we see more of the press conferences than the scripted questions Dean Smith gets thrown by our own bloke? I find it really patronising.

Would love some feedback from the owners as to what they are looking to do, great ceo and management team, just need this summer to build a new Aston villa. Would love to hear from them.

To be fair Fear, although points might have been made in the past, if improvements haven't been seen (when club feedback implied there would be), I see no issue that the FCG raise the point once more. Otherwise it is very easy for the issue to be left to slide...

Yes. We do go back with things for sure. Some are a bit boring now. Run out music for instance. But especially with the rotating chair if ceos we do keep nailing the main points.

Not sure how much we are listened to, the disabled situation remains a disgrace but the new ceo needs time now obviously

Could I raise the issue of commentary on AVTV.

I feel this should be free to ST holders, as it used to be. My reasoning is this....

I live 70 miles away from Villa Park, my kids 100 miles. We are ST holders, we make unbelievable effort to attend every home game, and until recently away games. I also know others from Dorset , Luton and even one in Newcastle that does the same.

It is us that are penalised to listen to the away matches !. Fans who live in Birmingham, can listen on Radio WM free of charge - we cannot. We live outside the area.

I hobestly do find it galling that those who make a humungous effort to support the club (eg, this Saturday, I have to take half a day off work, will leave at 12, get back at 8 (and I wont have time for a drink, hat is just to get to VP for around 2.15) and will cost 30 quid in petrol.

And it is me who is penalised when i cant get to an away game - it is extremely annoying.

AVTV should be free for ST holders

It is something the club have tried to liaise with British Rail with, think they've even offered to pay GP&U bug it is, obviously, British Rail's decision not the clubs.

A direct question from one member re concessions:

Why are there no concessions in Zone 1 areas of the ground? This seems to be a throwback to the times when we could sell the ground out. I've just done a quick reckon up and there are 800 season tickets in these areas available. I had to move from the Upper Trinity and chose Zone 1 seats below as close I could get forgoing the concession that my son had in the Upper. Now I'm about to turn 65 it's going to save me £700 to move to a Zone 2 area for both of us, but it will be a wrench to leave the friends we've made where we are at the moment. Could the club take a look again at the economics of this?

I replied: Isn't there a term that new concessions can't sit in certain places but if you've had the seat seven or more years you can? Have a look and see. If not. Happy to bring that up.

He answered: There's a fixed cut-off date of 2006/7. As I say I had to move from the Upper Trinity three years ago. I think they should look at whether it's sound business to keep this restriction in place given that they can't sell the ground out.

Could this not be done on a case by case basis?

Security. The club have bought a dozen hand held body scanners. They seem to be being used sporadically (apart from in corporate). What was the purpose of such a low purchase as to be honest the searches at the turnstiles are not worth anything?

AVTV free to season ticket holders.

Update if any for painting of Aston station bridge.

Would love some feedback from the owners as to what they are looking to do, great ceo and management team, just need this summer to build a new Aston villa. Would love to hear from them.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but could we see more of the press conferences than the scripted questions Dean Smith gets thrown by our own bloke? I find it really patronising.

Are there plans for a new Ticket exchange system ? One where fans aren't scalped/can't sell at a profit?

Update maybe? Not sure if this is new, but the O2 signal is crap but the Vodafone is excellent

Where the expressway goes over, underneath there is a plain white wall crying out for a mural/painting/street art of some sort with (Obviously) a Villa theme. Think that’d look great on the walk to the ground, have seen similar abroad.

It is something the club have tried to liaise with British Rail with, think they've even offered to pay GP&U bug it is, obviously, British Rail's decision not the clubs.
Sorry, JF. Gonna send my correspondence course in Sardonic Irony back, first class tomorrow......

Lol. Sorry. I did miss the first bit of your post I must admit. Wasn't concentrating. Very good. Was surprised it was coming up again. I don't give a rats arse but realise some do!

:grinning:

Possibly a bit nit-picking, and I may have mentioned this before, but I get annoyed that they only announce the opposition team once (correct me if I am wrong) prior to kick off.

I don't often buy the programme and I used to quite like hearing who was lining up against us in the moments before KO. I also think it's quite disrespectful to the opposition fans not letting them know who is starting.

Could the club perhaps revert to naming BOTH teams when do the line-up announcements, especially immediately prior to kick off?