FC Copenhagen v Manchester City - UEFA Champions League - Tuesday 13th February 2024 - 20:00 - GMT. Preview and MDT | Vital Football

FC Copenhagen v Manchester City - UEFA Champions League - Tuesday 13th February 2024 - 20:00 - GMT. Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
The Game
Manchester City enter the knockout stages and were drawn against Danish opponents, but we having won all our matches in the group stage got a 2nd placed team from one of the other groups. We have met Copenhagen on 4 occasions and on the away game both games in Denmark ended in draws.
City came through the weekend with an early game against Everton on Saturday and that was a hard contest but the blues' pressure on the stalwart Everton defense finally gave in on the 71st minute and Erling Haaland made the game secure with a second.
This coming Tuesday should not be taken for granted and like all team who meet The World Champions and European Champions, they seemed to find a performance well above their normal game so City will have to be on their best if they are to take anything of an advantage for the 2nd Leg at the Etihad on 3rd March.

City Team News
Everyone appears fit, but Ederson did take a knock early in the Everton game and unless he gets a reaction to that, he should be fit for selection on Tuesday.

Best Guess
Ederson
Walker Stones Ake Gvardiol
De Bruyne, Rodri, Foden
Bernardo Haaland Doku

Match Officials

IMG_0599.jpeg
Referee: José María Sánchez ESP
Assistant referees: Raúl Cabañero ESP, Iñigo Prieto ESP
Fourth official: Cesar Soto Grado ESP
Video Assistant Referee: Juan Martínez Munuera ESP

Next

City v Pensioners - Premier League - Saturday 17th February - 17:30 GMT

Last edited:
I will be happy with a draw away, maybe Flash will get a run in this game, Jeremy had a few problems with two on him at Everton and Flash is fit and ready to go, so we shall see.

I will be happy with a draw away, maybe Flash will get a run in this game, Jeremy had a few problems with two on him at Everton and Flash is fit and ready to go, so we shall see.
Pep has apparently told Flash he needs to improve or words to that effect, but that left side does cause a problem for me nearly as much as the back four but I was tempted to put Bobb up on the left