Fawaz turned down 15M according to Percy | Page 4 | Vital Football

Fawaz turned down 15M according to Percy

da fuq - 14/1/2017 15:31

wesimmo - 14/1/2017 13:13

da fuq - 14/1/2017 12:42

I'm not saying that they were going to give the asking price

I'm saying that you do not regardless of what you have found you do not drop the price by that much in the final moments

Either pull out or don't enter the negotiations - surely being the big business types they are they should have been able to asses the situation and the fact that they were dealing with an idiot and worked out that this was not going to work for them

Don't be daft, you drop the price to what you think it's worth when you have full information. The asking price and someone on the internet putting limitations on the acceptable limits for renegotiating are irrelevant.

He did that, he could have walked away at that point but he decided to bid what we're worth and got turned down, fair play to him.

So what you are saying is that you are negotiating with someone and both parties seem to be close to a deal with no indications that the other is going to do anything extreme and then you decide at the very last moment that you think dropping the figure without any other hints to half or less than half and it is going to work out for you?

Somebody please give me some factual real world examples where this has actually happened and worked

I'm sure there must be some

It's a high risk strategy so i'm sure there will be some decent examples

They started talking about three months ago

You saw for yourself the extreme starting point of what Fawaz wanted

What evidence do you have that at the very last minute the yanks dropped their figure to less than half

What Fawaz wanted and what the yanks thought the club was worth clearly miles apart

I know which ones I think had the right value

And that's not in hindsight

I said the figures were ridiculous when they were first brought into the open

forestfire_59 - 14/1/2017 16:20

Who says we were close to a deal, df? Was Fawaz ever acting in good faith ? Different day, different demands.

The yanks had a deal they were ready to sign 22nd December

It's pretty clear Fawaz didn't like that deal

Took him nearly three weeks to decide though

Meanwhile we went to two points off bottom from 6 points off bottom

If they reduced that offer based on that then what does he expect?

The club is heavily in debt and losing money. It doesn't own its own ground. Its assets are worth - being very optimistic - £15m (players), its liabilities probably 4 times that. The excess of liabilities over assets is growing by the day.It is effectively insolvent.

Shares in the club are worth nothing. even giving it away would be a good deal as you're asking someone else to cover losses and also invest substantially fit the club to have any value.

£15m would have been an astonishingly good offer.

No owner would have sold Nottingham Forest for £15m. Ridiculous offer from fat shit Moores. It was probably him delaying things so Forest got in a worse state to try and force Fawaz to accept his shitty offer.

We will never find out what the issues were because of confidentiality agreements being signed which is normal practice

MancTrickyTree - 14/1/2017 17:02

The club is heavily in debt and losing money. It doesn't own its own ground. Its assets are worth - being very optimistic - £15m (players), its liabilities probably 4 times that. The excess of liabilities over assets is growing by the day.It is effectively insolvent.

Shares in the club are worth nothing. even giving it away would be a good deal as you're asking someone else to cover losses and also invest substantially fit the club to have any value.

£15m would have been an astonishingly good offer.

Welcome back

Giuseppe Garibaldi - 14/1/2017 17:11

No owner would have sold Nottingham Forest for £15m. Ridiculous offer from fat shit Moores. It was probably him delaying things so Forest got in a worse state to try and force Fawaz to accept his shitty offer.

So how much are we worth?
Villa were sold for £60m - taking that as a guide we are worth no more than £15m ( or more accurately about three & fourpence )

I am only basing my thoughts on the ITK information which is exactly what all of you are doing

However going back to negotiating tactics my point still stands in the real world

Someone please show me an example where a business deal involving millions got to the final moments and one side offered half the money or less and it worked.

I'm sure Wessimo, CP, Jimmy etc will know they wouldn't say with out knowing stuff like this 100%

Being genuine just want to know how it was handled

PM if you like with the examples

i've seen a few rumours that the americans are back in for the club. and that fawas big brother has gone nuts over fawas pulling out.

i don't know how true it is though just rumours i've seen on facebook and the other forum.

taker1967 - 14/1/2017 19:07

i've seen a few rumours that the americans are back in for the club. and that fawas big brother has gone nuts over fawas pulling out.

i don't know how true it is though just rumours i've seen on facebook and the other forum.

That actually wouldn't surprise me
However this is Forest, we don't get nice things, so I'm calling shenanigans on that rumour.

Barry M. Bloom ?@Boomskie · 36s36 seconds ago

For those asking, there has been no contact between John and Fawaz since Friday. But John remains in London. #NFFC

RochesterRed - 14/1/2017 19:43

For those asking, there has been no contact between John and Fawaz since Friday. But John remains in London. #NFFC

At best it just shows the Americans are still interested which isn't the problem. Fawaz being willing to sell is.

Barry M. BloomVerified account?@Boomskie

@ALNFFC As I said yesterday quoting the great Yogi, "It ain't over 'till it's over." Your voices will be heard.

RochesterRed - 14/1/2017 19:43

It's a shame Fawaz flew out of the Country.

Absolutely ridiculous at a critical stage of the process.

Whilst it is wishful thinking, the one thing that's changed this time is the reaction of the fans.
Normally when Fawaz 'does' something there's always a section of the fan base to support him. And we know how much he likes that. How much he uses that to make decisions.
This time ..... nothing. Twitter,forums,Facebook
Everyone against him.