FAT FRANK - The Manager | Vital Football

FAT FRANK - The Manager

Welshtel

Vital Football Hero
So Frank Lampard takes up his first managerial role. Do you think he will make a good manager? Not every former player will do so of course but I’m thinking maybe he will do well. He was always in the thick of the action at one time with the Chavs and an effective player. It will be interesting to see what sort of style these ex players will produce in their teams and what their priorities are. The same applies to Steven Gerrard at Rangers in the SPL. It would be good to be a listener in their dressing rooms and on their training sessions to see exactly what their attitudes are in getting their players to win matches. With Gerrard I could (maybe unfairly) imagine instructions to squads to get penalties and indulge in some dodgy play but let’s be fair, we all saw those things go on at Liverpool, so will anything change now?

The one thing that interests me is how their attitudes alter as they make the transition from player to manager. But it’s good to see the skills that players have developed during their career being passed on to teams and clubs. Let’s just hope it’s their good footballing skills there the only things being passed on. I would love to see good football being fostered and not bad and cheating habits.

First point...he will have the respect of their players as he has achiueved almost all there is to achieve and to be far he was a great player...just chose the wrong club!
Second point success or failure at Derby..he will learn and learn fast
Point three ...He is a humble man and not a boaster...so overall I wish him every success.

Never minded him as a player or pundit. Seems genuine enough.

He has worked under some top managers so he should do okay.

Never minded him as a player or pundit. Seems genuine enough.

He has worked under some top managers so he should do okay.

Credit where it's due, he's not taken the easy money from the game of just sitting there pontificating.