Farman, Palmer and Whitehouse | Vital Football

Farman, Palmer and Whitehouse

We would get fees for all 3

Shame to see Palmer and Whitehouse go as they are useful squad players.

Understandable that Farman as he will want game time.

We would get fees for all 3

Just because they are wanted doesn't mean they will go!

Alright Woodyard left and money talks but Lincoln has started to become a club to be at. I think we all still have this mentality that as soon as a player is wanted by another club they are off because that's how it used to be.

However times are changing and if they do leave I am pretty confident a whole host of better players will be waiting in the wings to join. With Coventry and Luton gone I can only see MK Dons possibly having a higher average attendance than us next season and that's only if they do well!

We are definitely a more desirable club to be at than to leave at this moment in time.

Just because they are wanted doesn't mean they will go!

Alright Woodyard left and money talks but Lincoln has started to become a club to be at. I think we all still have this mentality that as soon as a player is wanted by another club they are off because that's how it used to be.

However times are changing and if they do leave I am pretty confident a whole host of better players will be waiting in the wings to join. With Coventry and Luton gone I can only see MK Dons possibly having a higher average attendance than us next season and that's only if they do well!

We are definitely a more desirable club to be at than to leave at this moment in time.
Palmer has requested to leave... Farman is surplus to requirements

Would we get a fee for Whitehouse? He is 24. I get confused by this rule is it under 24? Or 24 and under?

I doubt we would ask for a fee for Farman. He has been a good servant and I am sure we would not stand in his way to let him get first team football elsewhere.

If we could get a fee for them I would take it tbh. Would be sad to see any of them go but in reality will any of them be first teamers next season? Out of them all I reckon Palmer would be most missed.

Why is he? We need a decent back-up keeper and Farman is somewhat more experienced than Walton and Antkowiak to cover that role. Of course should Allsop be on the radar...

Allsop is a nice thought but the resulting dent in the bank account rather less so. I think Farms will stay and we may be surprised at how he has improved while sidelined....

If we can get a bit of cash for them and they don't want to be here let them go.
Absolutely no point keeping players here on don't want to be.
Also we need players who are league one ready, are these three? Probably not imho.

That'd probably be wise (if it's all true, and I'm not doubting it isn't).

I'm not sure the individual telling you would be overly impressed with you then putting it on a fans forum. I doubt those involved in the Club who read this forum, Clive and Russ, for example, would appreciate it either. Particularly before anything has happened/been confirmed behind the scenes or is in the public domain.

Last edited:
I’d be disappointed to lose Whitehouse and Palmer even though they are not guaranteed starters- both epitomise the spirit of the club and would run through brick walls for us. Farms again has been a great servant and it’s far more binary for a keeper- you either play or you don’t....no 30 mins coming on from the bench. He needs match time, so maybe a short term loan would be the answer. Until we know for sure about Vickers fitness then I see keeper as a big problem for us now Allsop isn’t here.

I’d be disappointed to lose Whitehouse and Palmer even though they are not guaranteed starters- both epitomise the spirit of the club and would run through brick walls for us.

True, but we need better players who will run through brick walls if we are to progress up the leagues.

I’d be disappointed to lose Whitehouse and Palmer even though they are not guaranteed starters- both epitomise the spirit of the club and would run through brick walls for us. Farms again has been a great servant and it’s far more binary for a keeper- you either play or you don’t....no 30 mins coming on from the bench. He needs match time, so maybe a short term loan would be the answer. Until we know for sure about Vickers fitness then I see keeper as a big problem for us now Allsop isn’t here.
Vickers has recovered just DC didn't want to risk him.