FAO Rod Currie | Vital Football

FAO Rod Currie

Silentjourneyhome

Vital Youth Team
Morning Rod. So do you think Sir Rods back catalogue is worth just under £100m?

I do but I admit I’m biased.

One serious question. Sir Rod still performs two or three concerts per week. I wonder if he now has to pay royalties when he performs his own songs?

I once wrote a song that was on television in the 70s. Wonder if I can get owt for it? 😉

Morning Rod. So do you think Sir Rods back catalogue is worth just under £100m?

I do but I admit I’m biased.

One serious question. Sir Rod still performs two or three concerts per week. I wonder if he now has to pay royalties when he performs his own songs?

I once wrote a song that was on television in the 70s. Wonder if I can get owt for it? 😉
Hey up Silent,hope you're well Mi owd pal, Sir ROD is the Greatest singer i've ever heard,no one comes within a trillion miles of him in my opinion.I've loved all his music in the different stages of his career,i've lost count of how many times i've seen him live but every time he's been beyond Wonderful and the gig at BDBL when i watched him from the GOD(TC)stand is one of mi favrits.It seems appropriate owd Mahatma's post is a number 2.:yes:UTB

Last edited:
All a matter of taste. Don't dislike him, but the Faces were never a patch on the Small Faces. Steve Marriott was a really underrated singer.

Off to see The Rod Stewart Story in Manchester at the end of the month.
Love his earlier stuff, not so keen on the American songbook stuff of late and .for me, Oti's Redding's Dock of the Bay is my favourite single song ever.

It,s all about personal taste when it comes down to beez wingers, bit like wimmin a suppose. For a laff we used to sing the Tiny Tims classic "Tiptoe Thru The Tulips" as we exited the aircraft only for "Crabair" to lob us into the trees to do their best to f..kin kill us! One of the all time favourites was: "I,m sitting in the Guardroom with my penis in my hand and the shadow of my arsehole on the wall". For some reason never made Pick Of The Pops tho?

All a matter of taste. Don't dislike him, but the Faces were never a patch on the Small Faces. Steve Marriott was a really underrated singer.
I loved the Small Faces and i would highly recommend the play abart them,All or Nothing,it's one of the best Theatre musicals i've seen but The Faces(My favrit band) were superior in my opinion.Stevie Marriott was a very good singer, also made good music with Humble Pie. UTB

Back in the early 60s I was an apprentice motor mechanic at Pickfords on Ecclesall Rd. The Small Faces called in one day having probs with their van so as expected us young lads gathered round for a butchers. They opened a big bag of Purple Hearts and offered em around. Had Stringfellow known he,d av thrown a wobbler cos his takings at the Mojo would have deffo been down! "Wotya Gunna Do About It!"

I loved the Small Faces and i would highly recommend the play abart them,All or Nothing,it's one of the best Theatre musicals i've seen but The Faces(My favrit band) were superior in my opinion.Stevie Marriott was a very good singer, also made good music with Humble Pie. UTB
Also when he teamed up with Alexis Korner.