FAO Eaststand | Page 2 | Vital Football

FAO Eaststand

Uncomfortable thread this one........sort of highlights that certain posters will never truly be accepted until they start to follow the forum line

McCreery - 3/5/2014 09:12

Uncomfortable thread this one........sort of highlights that certain posters will never truly be accepted until they start to follow the forum line

That's life though. Some people just don't get on.

Personally I have no problem with Eaststand, so there's no forum line to stick to.

There's definitely no forum policy. Perhaps a consensus of opinion has been reached, but no policy.

A consensus of opinion has been reached OL but is it necessary to single out posters and force them into an argument?

I don't think it is necessary ManxMag, but I am guilty of it myself with the likes of Coolio and Latex.

They are both ***** though, so allowable.

ManxMag - 3/5/2014 09:23

A consensus of opinion has been reached OL but is it necessary to single out posters and force them into an argument?

Shut the fuck up you three legged ****. :17:

ManxMag - 3/5/2014 09:23

It's been tit for tat for years in regards to this, so I can see what the story is.

That said, ive had no problem.

There is always choice, people should have the courage of their own choices - it seems eaststand does so there's no problem is there? I dislike other goading when it's basically like shooting fish in a barrel and cheap entertainment at the expense of one and it gets a bit tedious. Anyone trying to goad and g for the lowest common denominator always looks stupid when met with a calm reasoned response.

I wouldn't say "forum line" so much as forum attitude.

On the whole I think this is a fairly tolerant place which has been going for quite a while now.

You and I have disagreed on things in both a civil and hostile manner. I suspect now that the thing we would get most argumentative about is who will buy the first pint (and it will be me).

Eaststand has his own individual way of approaching things and has had benefit of the doubt although frankly, I just ignore him/her now. Having said that, I respect that after so long, he has finally volunteered an opinion.

Officemonkey - 3/5/2014 09:59

I only asked a genuine bloody question for god's sake.[/QUOT

Hhmmm. I don't hear many of the qs on Questiin Time beginning with ... 'You're a complete fucking tool'. Anyway I am not really having a go at you, there's others that are guilty and for new posters, it's the type of think that can look intimidating to say the least. Just thought I would raise a flag.

I think any 'genuine' question is lost behind an opening sentence of... 'We all know you prefer Obertan to Ben Arfa etc because you're a complete fucking tool.'

It's quite clear you were after yet another cyber argument

Rexn - 3/5/2014 10:03

I wouldn't say "forum line" so much as forum attitude.

On the whole I think this is a fairly tolerant place which has been going for quite a while now.

You and I have disagreed on things in both a civil and hostile manner. I suspect now that the thing we would get most argumentative about is who will buy the first pint (and it will be me).

Eaststand has his own individual way of approaching things and has had benefit of the doubt although frankly, I just ignore him/her now. Having said that, I respect that after so long, he has finally volunteered an opinion.

Aye....I suppose 'forum line' was perhaps the wrong term but I think this thread does highlight a pack mentality at times

I was disappointed that Plats got involved.....yes Plats, I'm disappointed in you... as I think this could have played out as just another OM / Eaststand thread which are usually quite entertaining

I'm glad you didn't argue about first pint. Why not drag yourself along on 7th June?

I'm away on holiday that week Rexn.......I'll happily argue over the first round at some point though

Eaststand - 3/5/2014 01:26

Another former poster who used to spend every woken hour on here.

Had a hissy fit about something, stopped posting, expected everyone to clamour for his return but no one gave a shit.

Has now crept back on, gradually, soon to be full time i'm sure.

i didn't used to have a phd taking up all of my life. well, that and the drinking to cope with the phd.

i've seen you pull this line out before when i've posted. you need some new material

The irony of McCreery saying I slagged someone off when he looks to do it to me all of the time is quite astonishing.

Yes, I think Eaststand is a clown who likes to argue with the majority but he's never actually put across his own thoughts. It was a genuine question. If you choose not to believe that then do you honestly in your heart of hearts think I give a monkeys? Honestly.