Fans Funding Safe Standing Conversions | Vital Football

Fans Funding Safe Standing Conversions

Trev_GFC

Vital 1st Team Regular
Interesting link here re: clubs reluctance to fund safe standing.

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2019/06/scotland_first_safe_standing_section_dedicated_to_youth_fans

I’d happily pay to help fund the conversion of the last load of rows of the Rainham End into safe standing. Safe standing remains a poor man’s relative of terracing but that can wait until a new Town End/stadium.?

We’re not talking about rebuilding the Rainham End here. What if it’s changing 300-400 seats in a stand of 2,400 with a capacity of 11k+? This wouldn’t even be terracing, it’s seats with a rail over the row of seats in front, and the seat gets bolted up for when permitted. Shrewsbury have done the same with their home end.

Stand up, for the Gillingham, stand up, for the Gillingham, stand up, for the Gillingham, stand up, for the Gillingham... :-)

I am the right side, I am the right side, I am the right side of the Rainham End. You are the wrong side, you are the wrong side, you are the wrong side of this post :-)

Sing when you're winning, You only sing when you're winning...

Meanwhile us in other blocks can’t stand unless we’re at the back row.

Or move to the back seven or eight rows in block 4.

You’d effectively be kicking people out of their preferred part of the ground. The reason you can’t stand other than the back row is because most people sitting behind want to sit down and wouldn’t want safe standing.

In my executive box, I can sit down or stand up as I please while enjoying extensive catering options eg toast, wheatabix, cornflakes etc.plus endless tea.
All while listening to Peter Lloyds dulcet tones.

The entire of block 4 should be made safe standing and an ST for block 4 should guarantee you a place in block 4 but not reserve you a space in a particular row. The stewards would need to oversee the filling up of rows before each half to ensure not too many in any row.

That'd be a good start.

I am the right side, I am the right side, I am the right side of the Rainham End. You are the wrong side, you are the wrong side, you are the wrong side of this post :-)
Left side left side give us a song, left side, give us a song!

Or move to the back seven or eight rows in block 4.

You’d effectively be kicking people out of their preferred part of the ground. The reason you can’t stand other than the back row is because most people sitting behind want to sit down and wouldn’t want safe standing.
I don’t particularly want to be surrounded by people trying to get Allez Allez or When I Was Young going. I get enough of that at away games.

Left side left side give us a song, left side, give us a song!

We're all going to Wembley with our willies hanging out, we're all going to Wembley with our willies hanging out. We're all going to Wembley, all going to Wembley, all going to Wembley with our willies hanging out. Singing I've got a bigger one than you, bullsh!t. Singing I've got a bigger one than you, bullsh!t. Singing I've got a bigger one, I've got a bigger one, singing I've got a bigger one than you. BULLSH!T! :-)