Fans Fund Consultation Recap | Page 3 | Vital Football

Fans Fund Consultation Recap

Great write up KDZ, thank you for taking the time to attend and to report back.
Did they give any indication as to how open / transparent they will be with the new fund accounting once it's up and running ? It would be good to see how much is raised and where it is spent.

They didn't go into too much detail but they said that they wanted to involve the fans in how the money would be decided to be spent. Potentially they'll have similar meetings in the future once the fund is up and running to keep everyone updated and give us the options available.

For starters I'd assign each overseas fan a pair of free tickets for at least one league game per season if not two games. They can then choose the games whenever they want and plan their trip around it. Give them a reason to fly over with their other halves.

Overseas zooms are another one, which I think we've had before with Gregor Rioch, I'm sure he did something for overseas fans once. Get Maloney in for an online overseas fans forum, maybe even hire a multi-lingual translator for the night, ditto a player.

For starters I'd assign each overseas fan a pair of free tickets for at least one league game per season if not two games. They can then choose the games whenever they want and plan their trip around it. Give them a reason to fly over with their other halves.

Overseas zooms are another one, which I think we've had before with Gregor Rioch, I'm sure he did something for overseas fans once. Get Maloney in for an online overseas fans forum, maybe even hire a multi-lingual translator for the night, ditto a player.
Do the overseas membership as part of streaming and have some way for fans to interact with each other during the game. It'll make people feel part of something.

Maybe instead of free tickets, do a draw to fly X people over per season. It'd make it more like buying a very expensive raffle ticket.

The zooms are a great idea, but probably not just for overseas, though.

Need to focus more on experiences (even if they are paid) rather than free items. If you are paying for youth development, would you pay extra for a day in the facility?

Actually that is an excellent idea, they get the revenue from the overseas transmission, if the fans came over the club would probably get extra income from merchandise and the seats assigned to them would probably be empty anyway, there is also the stadium tour and even perhaps watching a training session.

This needs looking into further, it's a win win from what I can see, with no major outlay when/if the overseas subscriber comes.

They are planning something along those lines.

Do the overseas membership as part of streaming and have some way for fans to interact with each other during the game. It'll make people feel part of something.

Maybe instead of free tickets, do a draw to fly X people over per season. It'd make it more like buying a very expensive raffle ticket.

Need to focus more on experiences (even if they are paid) rather than free items. If you are paying for youth development, would you pay extra for a day in the facility?

They are looking at some of that.

See some rugby fans not happy with ticket master Some season ticket holders. Can’t get the same seat. The one they have had for years.

See some rugby fans not happy with ticket master Some season ticket holders. Can’t get the same seat. The one they have had for years.
I very strongly suspect that's bollox.

The FAQs clearly said that current ST info will be carried across to the new system.

That's as maybe, but reading the FAQs, it's either bollox, or he's doing summat wrong. (That's of course assuming they're going through the same process).
He might be talking bollocks. As you say. Not sure how and when they was selling season tickets. Or the deadline. I’ll try and find out.

He might be talking bollocks. As you say. Not sure how and when they was selling season tickets. Or the deadline. I’ll try and find out.
He's maybe misunderstanding the bit about having to create a new account, but you'll get a reference that effectively links to your old details, and therefore retains your seat.

Considering their season starts in a couple of weeks and I would think tickets have been on sale for months, it's just possible somebody else has already bought it. Just checked and their ST's have been on sale since September so he's probably left it too late

They''ve been selling them for ages. Sold a record amount iirc. The few i know have had no issues getting their normal seats.

Is the guy not on about the WCC game ? They couldnt get their season ticket seats for that games as its not technically a WW home game and everything, including ticketing, is organised by the RFL

Good ideas. I also suggested that the overseas members get a significant discount in the online store - something like 20-25%.