Fans forum | Page 4 | Vital Football

Fans forum

Was anyone there that can give us a decent run down of what went on?

I’ve read some bits on twitter, and sounds like it was a decent turn out and a pretty positive evening.

As has been said, a positive evening despite an iffy start. One question was aimed at SE / PR and was along the lines of ‘are you here to stay?’ In response, Steve said that they had an offer to go to a championship/ bigger club in January, and when he spoke to Scally, PS’s response was ‘don’t go’. So they didn’t! I was surprised there wasn’t a follow up question on that, but the roaming mic didn’t roam well and the panel couldn’t see who had their arm up for a question!
SE reckons it’ll need 75 points for the playoffs, so we’ll need 8 wins 1 draw and 2 defeats. Given who we play, I think that’s beyond us.
Was I the only one who thought Evans was playing it very low key last night, or maybe even a bit down about something?

As has been said, a positive evening despite an iffy start. One question was aimed at SE / PR and was along the lines of ‘are you here to stay?’ In response, Steve said that they had an offer to go to a championship/ bigger club in January, and when he spoke to Scally, PS’s response was ‘don’t go’. So they didn’t! I was surprised there wasn’t a follow up question on that, but the roaming mic didn’t roam well and the panel couldn’t see who had their arm up for a question!
SE reckons it’ll need 75 points for the playoffs, so we’ll need 8 wins 1 draw and 2 defeats. Given who we play, I think that’s beyond us.
Was I the only one who thought Evans was playing it very low key last night, or maybe even a bit down about something?
Didn't get the vibe he was down about anything more that he was just relaxed. Probably because there isn't much to moan about, he didn't need to be ready for the defensive as he would have had to in June.

Personally thought the evening went well after the quiet start. Some bloke wanted to moan about the facilities in Gordon Road being over subscribed during Kids for a Quid games and Scally pointed to the fact a lot of effort is being put into the family enclosure in the Medway stand. Personally didn't really see what the issue was as there's not that many people at games at the moment and kids for a Quid is the odd game here and there.

Didn't get the vibe he was down about anything more that he was just relaxed. Probably because there isn't much to moan about, he didn't need to be ready for the defensive as he would have had to in June.

Personally thought the evening went well after the quiet start. Some bloke wanted to moan about the facilities in Gordon Road being over subscribed during Kids for a Quid games and Scally pointed to the fact a lot of effort is being put into the family enclosure in the Medway stand. Personally didn't really see what the issue was as there's not that many people at games at the moment and kids for a Quid is the odd game here and there.
No mention of the elusive new signing?

If Evans was down about something, perhaps it was about not Scally not letting them clear off to a better club on a much better pay!

Think both those clubs have new stadiums about to be built don’t they?

There is a lot of money going into Luton. The side affect of Valencia and Pledge's mate Tommy.

So council trying to promote the place and giving the football club a sweet deal re rates etc would fall in with overarching plan.

I am currently working on plans for a town centre development in Luton with a mate (his money not mine) and the place is drawing a lot of attention. Hardly any commuters despite it being quicker to London than most places in Kent for example.

So buying Luton Town by a mega property developer would not be something beyond the realms of possibility currently. Not saying it will happen or I have an inside track on that but someone who wants to keep the Council happy would see that as a major route in.

I thought you had left the board ?
Never said I was leaving I have had to change my plans a little because of a back problems on top of Asthma. We will be moving from the area which will take up a lot of my time.But at the moment I can only manage so much and I am getting more time on here that I expected. When my company rubber stamps the move and we have to start full on into the moving process then yes I will not be able to post nearly as much for a while. And clearly I will be still try to keep reading this and writing as and when i can.Since getting up yesterday afternoon i have had about 2 hours kip but things will work out that way .i had a week off sick that i tried to avoid because of not wanting it to damage my prospects of transfer.