Fans back in the Stadium ? | Vital Football

Fans back in the Stadium ?

Degsy1

Vital Reserves Team
In today’s announcement it mentions up to 4000 spectators could be allowed to watch live events after lockdown ends.

Does that include L1 Fans ?

It depends on what tier Wigan is in, and probably in our case subject to the approval of the bastards at the EFL

It seems a strange decision on the surface of it. With 4,000 in, the DW will still be rattling. However, 4,000 at Accrington, or Fleetwood, or many more places, and you've a very different scenario.

I wonder why they didn't think to make it a % of the ground capacity.

Then of course, you've got the bridges over the Duggy and the canal.

A percentage of the capacity would have made more sense, but in the case of smaller stadiums it does say 50% of capacity or 4000, whichever is the lower. So if Stanleys capacity is 5000, they would only be allowed 2500.

It seems a strange decision on the surface of it. With 4,000 in, the DW will still be rattling. However, 4,000 at Accrington, or Fleetwood, or many more places, and you've a very different scenario.

I wonder why they didn't think to make it a % of the ground capacity.

Then of course, you've got the bridges over the Duggy and the canal.

Yeah - but I think in the current circumstances 4000 Paying Fans may be wishful thinking at present !

I'd love to know the "science" behind forcing everyone to lockdown for a month & then jump right back in to measures such as 4000 allowed in to football, rugby etc.. stadiums countrywide (subject to what tier your area is in) without any kind of gradual or phased return

I'd love to know the "science" behind forcing everyone to lockdown for a month & then jump right back in to measures such as 4000 allowed in to football, rugby etc.. stadiums countrywide (subject to what tier your area is in) without any kind of gradual or phased return
It's the same science from the bloke who told us to "go to work, but don't go to work, work from home, unless we can't work from home, but don't go to work, and don't use public transport, unless we have to use it to go to work, but don't go to work .......etc, etc ......"

It's the same science from the bloke who told us to "go to work, but don't go to work, work from home, unless we can't work from home, but don't go to work, and don't use public transport, unless we have to use it to go to work, but don't go to work .......etc, etc ......"

We could just use the Kier Starmer approach of waiting to see what is said, then just oppose it for the sake of it instead of actually offering any useful contributions toward the pandemic.
Boris may be a joke at times, but Starmer is just a ****** all of the time.
Bring back Jezza, at least the numbers would have looked better with Dianne Abbott counting them.

We could just use the Kier Starmer approach of waiting to see what is said, then just oppose it for the sake of it instead of actually offering any useful contributions toward the pandemic.
Bring back Jezza, at least the numbers would have looked better with Dianne Abbott counting them.

Not really sure that's strictly true (circuit breaker, anyone?), but if that's what gives you comfort, then so be it.
;)

I don’t really get the logic, or indeed science on this one. You still can’t visit a relative but you can join a crowd of people to watch a footy match. 🤔

Where would the integrity of the competition be? So say ipswich in Tier 1 benefit from home advantage by having fans in the stadium but we or say Sunderland can’t in Tier 3. Where is the fairness in that? Now I accept the efl don’t give a toss about integrity or fairness but it still doesn’t make it right.

Starmer was calling for the lockdown weeks before Johnson finally capitulated.
So you appear to be getting your facts wrong or twisting them just for political purposes, oh yes, just like Johnson does

Wigan will be put in level 5 meaning our management team and substitutes wont be allowed in the stadium the referee will get free travel on the away teams coach. The opposition will be allowed 2 goalies and 10 subs which can be used anytime. Any goals scored by Wigan will be allowed subject to EFL approval and on the consent of the opposing manager. The proposed takeover will be put on hold until covid has disappeared completely and with Wigan being in level 5 the away team will be offered the choice of travelling to the town for the game or staying at home and being awarded a 3-0 win. All above are EFL proposals for Wigan Athletic following lockdown.

Feeling a little sceptical.

Starmer was calling for the lockdown weeks before Johnson finally capitulated.
So you appear to be getting your facts wrong or twisting them just for political purposes, oh yes, just like Johnson does
Starmer is nothing more than a flip flopping rank poor politician.
Remember when he was in charge of the CPS and DPP???
It was on HIS watch Jimmy Savile & the Muslim Paedophile gangs riggled off the hook...

Getting back on topic...
If we do get the green light to return with restrictions, I won't be going back until its safe for everyone to return.
It's nothing to do with the virus (I tested positive for the virus in October), Its to do with the fact I wear glasses.
It's virtually impossible for me to wear a mask without my glasses constantly fogging up.
I'd rather wait and continue to watch games on Latics TV, rather than spending most of the game wiping my lenses...

Starmer is nothing more than a flip flopping rank poor politician.
Remember when he was in charge of the CPS and DPP???
It was on HIS watch Jimmy Savile & the Muslim Paedophile gangs riggled off the hook...
For someone who normally posts with intelligence and and wisdom Exiled, I'm sorry to say that (in my opinion, of course) this isn't one of your better posts.

Trying to keep out of the party politics element of this (and believe me, I'm really biting my tongue to do that ;)), your inference re his actions whilst DPP are simply misguided. Best to read what Nazir Afzal wrote on the subject.

Back to fans in stadiums ........can't wait .........when it's safe.