Fake news | Vital Football

Fake news

In normal circumstances Nobby, I’d believe every word uttered by Sir Keith.

But this time? What an outrageous claim he’s making there. Fantasy land.

Loved seeing the 'bog' rolls being thrown onto the pitch from the Rainham end. Something you never see now, especially during this covid 19 pandemic 😉

We always took bog rolls to games back in the day. What didn't get thrown out of the train window over Luton Arches was saved in case we scored!

What started that? It was a massive thing back in the 70s and early 80s wasn't it?
Looking back it was a bit of an odd thing to do.......but then weren't most things we did back then?

Apparently, some bloke called Cascarino scored a hat trick for us way back in the day.

I'm calling BS, never happened 😳

Like that other daft "fake report" of a Gills player scoring a hat trick of penalties!

Talking of objects thrown onto the pitch wasn't a (decommissioned) hand grenade thrown into our goal at Millwall back in the day?

Sorry, don't know. I was not at the match :shrug: However "“The dead shell of a hand-grenade was thrown onto the pitch behind the goalmouth at Griffin Park on Saturday (6 November 1965)during Brentford’s game against Millwall. Bees goalie Chic Brodie picked up the grenade from the pitch and threw it into the back of the net".