• Bryan Gil

• Richarlison

• Yves Bissouma

• Djed Spence

• Ivan Perisic

• Fraser Forster

• Kulu

Results are only viewable after voting.
80 we have had 3 Director of football's already, which failed on every occasion.

Baby steps are needed.

It's a step in the right direction. I do feel this guy is a different animal to the previous we have had though.
Not sure I would use the word 'elite' to describe us or even being near it yet. We have a long way to go...

His TITLE says it all. It is a VERY clear message to the fans.

Don't think that there is much chance now of us appointing a younger up and coming manager with experience managing in the English league. Not sure whether that will be a good thing, our track record with foreign managers isn't good.

A truly big name in football. Anyone who knows anything will know that we have pulled off a massive coup. He has been so successful as a dof. There is nobody that can deny that

After we lost Trevor, I knew we'd been dealt a huge blow to our plans, and wasn't sure we'd easily replace him. As it is, I think we've had a coup in getting him.

Daniel can now do what he's planned to do for the last two years.

After we lost Trevor, I knew we'd been dealt a huge blow to our plans, and wasn't sure we'd easily replace him. As it is, I think we've had a coup in getting him.

Daniel can now do what he's planned to do for the last two years.

Why is he going for Fonseca ex. I just can't get my head around it. Yes he did okay in he Ukraine but nothing really as Roma coach hence why he is not there anymore

Why is he going for Fonseca ex. I just can't get my head around it. Yes he did okay in he Ukraine but nothing really as Roma coach hence why he is not there anymore

We now have to trust that our new managing director of football has a shrewd eye and thinks he's the multi-lingual up-and-coming manager (who does try and play football the right way!) is the way forward.

At Roma, he was staved of funds as the old owners were getting ready to cut and run, in both years he was there, he generated more in transfer funds than he spent, but also had to cope with horrendous injury problems; the club got bought and half the players were told 'find new clubs' when there was a third of the season to go..

He may well be a shrewd move, so for now, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
I am with Ex there, give the man the benefit of doubt.

Yes when I heard the news that it might be the "Fonz", I certainly said to myself "who the fcuk is he", now having read loads + google on him, I am in the shoes, ok lets give him a chance if he does become our new coach, because we might just have found "the man", fingers crossed lol!

We now have to trust that our new managing director of football has a shrewd eye and thinks he's the multi-lingual up-and-coming manager (who does try and play football the right way!) is the way forward.

At Roma, he was staved of funds as the old owners were getting ready to cut and run, in both years he was there, he generated more in transfer funds than he spent, but also had to cope with horrendous injury problems; the club got bought and half the players were told 'find new clubs' when there was a third of the season to go..

He may well be a shrewd move, so for now, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I hope he can do the business. The few times I watched Roma I was very underwhelmed. It was the way they played. He was just not what I hoped for but we will have to wait and see. If levy gets this wrong then he should take a back seat when it comes to the football side of things. He now has a well recognised dof to help with the purchasing of new players. I just don't think Fonseca is someone to attract the top players we need. It will be one thing to for Fabio to find players it's another to get them to play for Fonseca. I hope I am wrong

I hope he can do the business. The few times I watched Roma I was very underwhelmed. It was the way they played. He was just not what I hoped for but we will have to wait and see. If levy gets this wrong then he should take a back seat when it comes to the football side of things. He now has a well recognised dof to help with the purchasing of new players. I just don't think Fonseca is someone to attract the top players we need. It will be one thing to for Fabio to find players it's another to get them to play for Fonseca. I hope I am wrong

There will be some clubs that attract players based on the name of their 1st team manager. We clearly won't be one of them with Fonseca for a while, but will get a bump from Paratici's reputation and importantly removing Levy's negative brand in the transfer market. The way I understand it, Levy will be taking that back seat we all crave for.

We still have an amazing setup and can sustain salaries that other clubs can't dream of. Players should want to join the exciting new project in my opinion, especially if we're quite ruthless with our current squad. We need to be.

Perspective.

ANYONE who thinks anyone on our entire incoming management team are THE perfect hire is going to be disappointed. This will be a process of refining the culture, assessing the personnel, and perhaps changing individuals for different skill sets and abilities.

This is no different than improving the squad. Only in this case, we will hopefully have some consistency in thinking with Paratici setting the tone for an extended period of tim.

This is the "project" as it should be. Run by the Managing Director down, not the on-pitch manager trying to get his own way.

We will be playing Spurs-style football, and we will be improving as we go. This is the fun part, seeing us move forward and chasing down the top teams.

COYS!!!

There will be some clubs that attract players based on the name of their 1st team manager. We clearly won't be one of them with Fonseca for a while, but will get a bump from Paratici's reputation and importantly removing Levy's negative brand in the transfer market. The way I understand it, Levy will be taking that back seat we all crave for.

We still have an amazing setup and can sustain salaries that other clubs can't dream of. Players should want to join the exciting new project in my opinion, especially if we're quite ruthless with our current squad. We need to be.

Players like Aaron's, White, Bissouma should be interested as they are not good enough for the top 4 yet. But all 3 walk into our current 1st 11.

I'm intrigued to see who we buy and sell. It will tell me a lot about the ability of Fabio reading the current situation.

Players like Aaron's, White, Bissouma should be interested as they are not good enough for the top 4 yet. But all 3 walk into our current 1st 11.

I'm intrigued to see who we buy and sell. It will tell me a lot about the ability of Fabio reading the current situation.

And how many replacements will come from our domestic leagues?

`I have a feeling we'll all need Google.

So how does this work then?

Paratici doesn't officially take up his role until the 1st July. Given that all football-related activities - including transfers in and out, and managerial appointments - have to come through him, does that mean that nothing can happen until after that date?

If he's allowed to operate in an "unofficial capacity" how much credibility and authority will he have with negotiating parties i.e. why would those other parties deal with someone who's not yet even employed by the club?

And going open from that, isn't the club taking a very big risk allowing someone who's not even on the payroll yet, to work in an unofficial capacity given the magnitude of some of the decisions that are having to be made?

Or is it all much simpler than that?

He will need some time to get the feel for the UK and our scouting system no doubt. That's reasonable.

Agree, but he won't have too much time with the homegrown requirements, especially with the UEFA nuances around Doherty and the Welsh lads.

I'll be surprised if we don't invest in a couple of homegrown. Couldn't guess who they will be though.

Agree, but he won't have too much time with the homegrown requirements, especially with the UEFA nuances around Doherty and the Welsh lads.

I'll be surprised if we don't invest in a couple of homegrown. Couldn't guess who they will be though.
Sess & Skipp would qualify as homegrown so when they return we should be there or thereabouts.