• Bryan Gil

• Richarlison

• Yves Bissouma

• Djed Spence

• Ivan Perisic

• Fraser Forster

• Kulu

Results are only viewable after voting.
There will be some clubs that attract players based on the name of their 1st team manager. We clearly won't be one of them with Fonseca for a while, but will get a bump from Paratici's reputation and importantly removing Levy's negative brand in the transfer market. The way I understand it, Levy will be taking that back seat we all crave for.

We still have an amazing setup and can sustain salaries that other clubs can't dream of. Players should want to join the exciting new project in my opinion, especially if we're quite ruthless with our current squad. We need to be.

I hope levy stays far away from footballing decisions from now on.

Our squad needs a complete overhaul and I mean complete. I don't think anyone should be safe. Most are overrated and get more praise than they deserve. I agree some player's will be attracted by our set up but the better players will want to play for a top manager or a top ex pro who players still look up to. I hope I am wrong but I don't know if that is Fonseca. I would love to be wrong because us Spurs fans deserve more than what we have got. We pay thousands per year with very little to show for it

So how does this work then?

Paratici doesn't officially take up his role until the 1st July. Given that all football-related activities - including transfers in and out, and managerial appointments - have to come through him, does that mean that nothing can happen until after that date?

If he's allowed to operate in an "unofficial capacity" how much credibility and authority will he have with negotiating parties i.e. why would those other parties deal with someone who's not yet even employed by the club?

And going open from that, isn't the club taking a very big risk allowing someone who's not even on the payroll yet, to work in an unofficial capacity given the magnitude of some of the decisions that are having to be made?

Or is it all much simpler than that?

I'm guessing you're as bored and impatient as I am with all this?

Time to watch the Levy video again. :hehe:

I am guessing it was aimed at the Trust. You know, those pretend owners of the club.

Last edited by a moderator:
And how many replacements will come from our domestic leagues?

`I have a feeling we'll all need Google.
That was the first question came to my mind. What is his record of signing/identifying 1) youngsters and 2) from UK leagues whilst at Juventus. Juve splashed out a little.

I think you are right tho, there may be a lot of googling but my gut feeling is we will not sign more than 3 players as the manager and Fabio need to appraise the current squad. Refresh over at least 2 windows.

Our money.

Once you choose to trade money for goods or services it is no longer yours. The concept that you gain ownership over anything other than what you specifically paid for is so naffed up I can't even fathom the thinking that would lead to that conclusion.

The only way to say to the club that you are in protest is to NOT give them your money.

But then I guess he'd have to quit the podcast and website that he runs and makes money with off of the club's notoriety and pays nothing to the club. Maybe the club owns him.

Leading on from last post, a question:

Do folks think it practicable to do a complete overhaul as we wish it?. IMO, impossible, unless spread over the span of the 'project'. Squad and PL assessments will be the 1st stage for the man. No magic wand.

We can improve with a few squad changes and a full preseason with a manager who

a) has coached at a senior level before
b) gets a full preseason
c) is confident the Managing Director has confidence in him
d) isn't an egotistical prick

Do folks think it practicable to do a complete overhaul as we wish it?. IMO, impossible, unless spread over the span of the 'project'. Squad and PL assessments will be the 1st stage for the man. No magic wand.

Sherwood did a great job of overhauling our deadwood in 2014 and we had more cancerous players like adebaby.

Best to trim squad plays, blood some youngsters and have a transitional season maybe scraping top 7.

I'd rather that than see sissoko or dier in a spurs shirt ever again.

That was the first question came to my mind. What is his record of signing/identifying 1) youngsters and 2) from UK leagues whilst at Juventus. Juve splashed out a little.

I think you are right tho, there may be a lot of googling but my gut feeling is we will not sign more than 3 players as the manager and Fabio need to appraise the current squad. Refresh over at least 2 windows.

Those maths don't work for me. From this last season's squad we will be without Bale, Gedson, Vini, Kane and Aurier. Another problem is that Sess and Skipp don't play those 5 vacated positions. I also think we'll cut deeper than that anyway with guys like Sissoko and Lamela also leaving.

So the idea of a pile of money and only buying 3 great first teamers under the age of 25 puts Paratici in a good light. He'll need to do more churning than that though in the first summer.

He will need some time to get the feel for the UK and our scouting system no doubt. That's reasonable.
There was a video doing the rounds a few weeks back where one of the things I remember him saying was that he only has 2 or 3 scouts. Granted, I'm sure those 3 people lean on the views and reports of others to give them an idea of where to look. Given that, I'm sure he has a good idea of who he trusts for the role so I would imagine it wouldn't take too long.

His big test is how well he can clear out those we need to move on. Then the question is how much is available to recruits. I'd say due to restrictions on the latter it might take longer than many fans hope to see an improvement.

Having said that last summer we thought we would have a very quiet window and we ended up bringing in Reguilon, Doherty, Hojbjerg, Rodon, Vinicius, Hart, Bale as well as making Lo Celso permanent. So you never know what finances might be available.

I hope levy stays far away from footballing decisions from now on.

Our squad needs a complete overhaul and I mean complete. I don't think anyone should be safe. Most are overrated and get more praise than they deserve. I agree some player's will be attracted by our set up but the better players will want to play for a top manager or a top ex pro who players still look up to. I hope I am wrong but I don't know if that is Fonseca. I would love to be wrong because us Spurs fans deserve more than what we have got. We pay thousands per year with very little to show for it

You can be sure that no one will be 'safe'. The deal that our new Managing director of football is on, means that no one, on or off the pitch is 'safe'.

He has a footballing brain and a business brain. He is not emotionally attached other than to results could make him a multi millionaire.

I'm not going to pretend than Fonseca is a great choice; I don't know, he may or may not be - but I am a believer that given a chance and the right sort of support he may well surprise us all.

We must look forward now, not backwards, we must plan for what we can do now, not what we can't do.

I am relieved that Levy is going to focus on other parts of the business, I knew this to be the case when Trevor was appointed and spoke with Trevor then and was impressed that lines of responsibility were being drawn, I was disappointed when he left, but few here seemed to pick up on why he was appointed and why I was so down about him going.

I have real hope now that we are properly structured and focused.

For me, it is now onwards and upwards. Of course, there will be some massive hurdles to overcome, but assuming next season is an uninterrupted one, one that restart the whole club afresh.

Last edited:
You can be sure that no one will be 'safe'. The deal that our new Managing director of football is on, means that no one, on or off the pitch is 'safe'.

He has a footballing brain and a business brain. He is not emotionally attached other than to results could make him a multi millionaire.

I'm not going to pretend than Fonseca is a great choice; I don't know, he may or may not be - but I am a believer that given a chance and the right sort of support he may well surprise us all.

We must look forward now, not backwards, we must plan for what we can do now, not what we can't do.

I am relieved that Levy is going to focus on other parts of the business, I knew this to be the case when Trevor was appointed and spoke with Trevor then and was impressed that lines of responsibility were being drawn, I was disappointed when he left, but few here seemed to pick up on why he was appointed and why I was so down about him going.

I have really hope now that we are properly structured and focused.

For me, it is now onwards and upwards. Of course, there will be some massive hurdles to overcome, but assuming next season is an uninterrupted one, one that restart the whole club afresh.

It is quite refreshing not having any pre-conceived ideas on a new manager. One thing I learned a long time ago is that just because someone doesn't succeed in one role that doesn't mean they can't be a complete rockstar in another.

It's also going to be important that they get the right backroom staff in place. It sounds like it's going to be an entire new group working together for the first time with nobody coming with him from Roma. That makes me a little nervous. You hearing anything there?

Obviously uncertainty will remain for sometime. Main positive however is that short of the new duo being a complete disaster, the only way is up, and given the massive decline the Club has experienced since the CL final defeat, both the Club and its fans will be entirely happy to see progress, even if it is in small steps. To achieve that however I agree with the viewpoints that nobody, nobody, should remain in sheltered employment. In recent years we have held on to far too many players as 'squad players' when they simply weren't good enough, whilst also not being prepared to accept that some of our bigger signings have simply not met expectations.

I'm guessing you're as bored and impatient as I am with all this?

Time to watch the Levy video again. :hehe:

I am guessing it was aimed at the Trust. You know, those pretend owners of the club.

Not to put too fine a point on it and I am not a religious man by any means, the bible can be incredibly useful at times. In this case, when watching these videos it is probably a good idea to recall Proverbs 26:11.

I am very happy with dof I know of him and when we got linked I kept quiet because I thought this was just paper talk and we could never get probably the best dof in European if not world of football. Juventus under him a dof dominated serie a for nearly 10 years. I was so hopeful we have a born winner incharge of footballing matter's. Fonseca a coach has dampened my spirit's quite a lot but I will try and be positive. I was just hoping we would be brave and get a younger more progressive manager but that was just a dream. I just hope Fonseca does come in with fresh eyes and not blinkers on thinking we have some quality players when really most are overrated and average at best. I will get behind him but he doesn't fill me with joy

I am very happy with dof I know of him and when we got linked I kept quiet because I thought this was just paper talk and we could never get probably the best dof in European if not world of football. Juventus under him a dof dominated serie a for nearly 10 years. I was so hopeful we have a born winner incharge of footballing matter's. Fonseca a coach has dampened my spirit's quite a lot but I will try and be positive. I was just hoping we would be brave and get a younger more progressive manager but that was just a dream. I just hope Fonseca does come in with fresh eyes and not blinkers on thinking we have some quality players when really most are overrated and average at best. I will get behind him but he doesn't fill me with joy

Until Fonseca is announced, I would be circumspect - we could all still be surprised!

I know you cannot overhaul a complete squad but when you look at ours it has not really improved or changed for many seasons. We are in desperate need of a change and someone to light a fire under our so called top players.

It is quite refreshing not having any pre-conceived ideas on a new manager. One thing I learned a long time ago is that just because someone doesn't succeed in one role that doesn't mean they can't be a complete rockstar in another.

It's also going to be important that they get the right backroom staff in place. It sounds like it's going to be an entire new group working together for the first time with nobody coming with him from Roma. That makes me a little nervous. You hearing anything there?

I am, but much of it is pure speculation and conjecture. I would await announcement(s).

His title (according to the Spurs website) is "Managing Director, Football". It's very specific and unique, I think. Do you think it's different from the more common Sporting Director and Director of Football roles?