FAB - Fan Advisory Board - Your comments welcome | Page 11 | Vital Football

FAB - Fan Advisory Board - Your comments welcome

Well yes Elmo is a legend for being part of the promotion side so that's warranted imho.

I refer back to the process about the minutes though. @The Fear will help me here as he is in contact with the other board reps and I'm not.

Surely the header at Newcastle away during lockdown was also worthy of the status?

Do keep us updated on minutes, I’m also keen to see them but also read your thoughts on it all outside of the formalities as a general point.

This club is close to turning a nasty corner from a fan perspective, which will impact the atmosphere in the short term and if the club takes a downward spiral in the future, with those alienated fans come back when the Heineken and Ab-Inbev stakeholders have all fucked back off down the M40 never to be seen again?

Change will happen as we become more successful, do what you want with the new North Stand, but the club need the clear message not to mess with one of the unique stands in Europe which is a huge USP of the club.

Last edited:
I can see what they are trying to achieve - a match day experience. I can't see it impressing the die-hards, the season ticket holders, but this is exactly the type of thing that will interest the Villa "tourist" (for want of a better term).

The occasional supporter would likely be interested in this kind of thing. I'm assuming that American Football games are treated like a day out, not just the game. But fans of that sport are already investing in a 4hr marathon with half time events etc. Rugby internationals are similar, been lucky enough to go to Twickenham where they have a load of cars parked on a grassed area and people take hampers, beers, wine from 11am til the match.

It'll take some doing to change the culture of the average Villa supporter tho' :ROFLMAO: and they'll have to make the surrounding area more appealing. We'll be having the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders next :slap:
Yes ,might attract a few Hugos from the rugger set but not your average Villa fan

Exactly. I think that is what they are aiming for.

The main bone of contention is that the facilities for the "die hards" aren't up to scratch yet money is being spent to attract the type you describe.
Does it replace the Holte Suite or just a section of it?

Exactly. I think that is what they are aiming for.

The main bone of contention is that the facilities for the "die hards" aren't up to scratch yet money is being spent to attract the type you describe.
Yep, stadium needs some improvements, but I don't think the owners will shy away from that. All of the gimmicks that they are implementing appear to be very quick fixes, lot's of stuff in the pipeline though. We'll have to watch this space but I'm sure you won't be forgotten @sirdennis. Don't know what the hold-up is on safe standing as that would increase capacity and significantly improve the noise levels. Very fond memories of standing in the Holte End as a kid/young man.

Judging by the building works I saw , all of it.
I suppose they had a mandate when everyone approved the new stand and all the facilities that went with it, if only we'd know they'd totally misread the die-hard fans.
I occasionally used the Holte suite Mainly for the toilet but that's gone now, absolutely nowhere to go for pee now

Yes ,might attract a few Hugos from the rugger set but not your average Villa fan
Hugo's can also be Villa supporters, you don't have to only like one sport. I love the cricket, love the rugby (union), have even been to rugby league games when London Broncos played at Charlton. It doesn't detract from my support of Villa but I guess you could describe me as a Hugo as I'm happy at all those events.

Hugo's can also be Villa supporters, you don't have to only like one sport. I love the cricket, love the rugby (union), have even been to rugby league games when London Broncos played at Charlton. It doesn't detract from my support of Villa but I guess you could describe me as a Hugo as I'm happy at all those events.
No, you're more of a Rupert by the sound of it ;)

Yep, stadium needs some improvements, but I don't think the owners will shy away from that. All of the gimmicks that they are implementing appear to be very quick fixes, lot's of stuff in the pipeline though. We'll have to watch this space but I'm sure you won't be forgotten @sirdennis. Don't know what the hold-up is on safe standing as that would increase capacity and significantly improve the noise levels. Very fond memories of standing in the Holte End as a kid/young man.

Perhaps they realise that corporate fans want to sit on a padded seat not stand and sing songs, and that is their new updated priority these days?

Beer that fills from the bottom of the glass is the single most important issue facing the club in 2023.

Now you have, in a roundabout way, hit on something.
Beer drinkers are not really wanted you see, just wine and shorts tipplers. (Although being a shorts tippler does sound like a new sexual offence). I think nearly everyone will get the meaning. Football has been becoming the next working man's past time, that the elites and will be elites will steal simply by making it too expensive for working men to attend. It happened before with Opera, Ballet and Music Hall, Not to mention other sports that are being taken over, like Rugby Union and Cricket. It's just Football's turn, next up will be the Dogs.

Perhaps they realise that corporate fans want to sit on a padded seat not stand and sing songs, and that is their new updated priority these days?
The irony is that those blue padded seats opposite me in the Trinity where they turfed out many season ticket holders a few years ago under Lerner are very often empty unless it's a real big game

The irony is that those blue padded seats opposite me in the Trinity where they turfed out many season ticket holders a few years ago under Lerner are very often empty unless it's a real big game

Are you suggesting they won’t be attending our midweek 7.45pm games when the rain is pissing down against the likes of glamorous Burnley or Bournemouth?