FA Cup | Vital Football

FA Cup

Wycombe are a very strong League One team and even with the backing of 5000 Poolies, I suspect we will be "concentrating on the league" come 5pm on Saturday. Of course it is the Cup and the games dont always go true to form so here's hoping we get a bit of luck.

Got my ticket for tomorrow, though I don't expect Pools to progress, just hoping that it doesn't turn into a rout!

A good competitive Cup Tie. Pools, probably, played all the football whilst Wycombe played "Hoof Ball ", but I guess it works for them.
Certainly, Pools created the better chances, but squandered them.
In respect of the penalty for the equaliser, as Arsene Wenger, I didn't see it - the referee it would appear was also unsure as he had to consult his linesman who was some 50 yards away!
If I have a criticism it was in replacing Cullen with Grey, bringing on Goodwin or Fondop might have been a better option.

Thanks for that OP. It seems we gave a good account of ourselves against opposition a division above us which is very encouraging considering what has transpired these last seven days.