FA Cup | Vital Football

FA Cup

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Great win for Pools and highly enjoyable watching on BBC Red Button. Passing and movement a joy to behold and with a forward who could finish we could easily have had many more goals. The opposition were very average though Pools teams in the past could easily have struggled. Also good to hear Dave C in post match not quite being happy with the performance despite the emphatic score. He is correct we were a bit sloppy at times. Anyway, not getting carried away but it really brightened my weekend.

It was an enjoyable watch, and a decent performance by Pools.
Traditionally, this was the type of banana skin tie that Pools would of slipped up on.

Another away tie in the next round - Salford City!

Away at Salford. I'm so excited........not really. Salford are a good side so we will have to be at our best to avoid a quick exit.

Salford will also have an advantage from the "new manager" bounce, as they've just appointed Richie Wellens.
We can only hope it doesn't become another thrashing like last Saturday.

With our makeshift defence and no doubt still shaken from last weeks hammering the omens are not good. Keeping the score respectable is the best we can hope for in my humble opinion.

Not expecting a positive result from today's game, but hopefully Pools will put on a good performance and respond to last week's debacle in a positive manner.

By all accounts we played a lot batter and if we had a decent striker could have won it. Anyway, no one expected owt today so onwards and upwards. If we cant score enough I cant see us challenging for the play offs.

Agree about the need for a goalscorer, but I don't think any of the combinations tried have started more than two consecutive matches.
DC it would appear, is still trying to find the right mix up front.

Yep that sounds about right. Wondering why he keeps putting Williams on the bench but never gives him a run out even for just a few minutes. He is the sort of lad who could change a game, isn't he?

Williams, the whole issue around his being still at the club confuses me.
Is he fit
How susceptible to another injury is he

Questions, questions, questions????