Fa Cup West Brom (A) | Page 6 | Vital Football

Fa Cup West Brom (A)

• Thread starter Victor Moses ;)
  • Start date
You mean we had VAR? If so why weren't we awarded 2 penalties ? - the handball and the foul.

to be fare it mite not of been VAR. it were described on my streem as 'official camera' wich i took as VAR. as for the hand ball i think that were rite in front of the awey crowd as even the comentater made a coment that there were a big shout from the crowd for the pen. funny how it wernt shown proper on the replay.

to be fare it mite not of been VAR. it were described on my streem as 'official camera' wich i took as VAR. as for the hand ball i think that were rite in front of the awey crowd as even the comentater made a coment that there were a big shout from the crowd for the pen. funny how it wernt shown proper on the replay.
Thanks. Best not to quote VAR as some on here would take VAR as gospel truth. We saw 2 clear penalties & not given.

Indeed, ineffective today, all those people pinning their hopes on him should think again! He isn't the answer!!

I don't think anyone thought they were the answer to all our issues, they just wanted to see them given a fair chance when so many of the first team were failing.

Even on McMannamans worst day he is a better option on the right wing than Byrne or Connelly. Was he on the right today? As for some strange reason on his rare appearances Cook seems to use him on the left more than right.

Lopes apparently wasnt any good in L1 for Peterborough so I'm not shocked if he wasn't any good today. But after Cook apparently pushed so hard according to Barry Fry and spent so much to bring him in i wanted to see for ourselves what he was like for 900k.

Mcmanaman played on the left and Lopes right. Mcmanaman for the first 25 minutes or so was lively, took a short corner on our left, went by a player or two and then had a shot that was deflected wide for another corner. Played the pass to Grigg for our best chance of the game. Then faded into nothing, no dribble attempts, didn't get on the ball. Wasn't in the game for the other 52 minutes he was on the pitch.

Lopes played a bit like Windass on the wing, fish out of water as if he had never played there before. Didn't have any movement, work rate, generally a very quite and poor performance. I've only ever seen him play centrally before he joined us, although I was expecting much more than he showed today.

I'd rather we kept Colclough then both of them on today's showing if that is how we're going to be using them.

Jones 7 - Best of the bunch for me today.
Byrne 5 - Wasn't far off a 4, no help from Lopes defensively.
Dunkley 6 - Alright game, can't fault him for much.
Kipre 5 - Was exposed a few times.
Naismith 6 - Got beat defensively but did okay going forwards.
Evans 6 - Better passing then the other midfielder's, did okay.
Connolly 5- All over the place, brings nothing to midfield.
Lopes 4 - Weak, poor touch and didn't put a shift in.
Windass 5 - Waste of time being on the pitch today.
McManaman 5 - Started well then faded after 20 minutes, invisible.
Grigg 6 - Ran the channels well, had no service after the early chance.

Interesting comparison from Paul Kendrick.
Personally I thought he is/was too generous after some of the performances today.
https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/fo...athletic-how-they-rated-v-west-brom-1-9522228

Mcmanaman played on the left and Lopes right. Mcmanaman for the first 25 minutes or so was lively, took a short corner on our left, went by a player or two and then had a shot that was deflected wide for another corner. Played the pass to Grigg for our best chance of the game. Then faded into nothing, no dribble attempts, didn't get on the ball. Wasn't in the game for the other 52 minutes he was on the pitch.

Lopes played a bit like Windass on the wing, fish out of water as if he had never played there before. Didn't have any movement, work rate, generally a very quite and poor performance. I've only ever seen him play centrally before he joined us, although I was expecting much more than he showed today.

I'd rather we kept Colclough then both of them on today's showing if that is how we're going to be using them.
Didn't realise that after finally playing Macmanan he put him on the wrong side of the pitch - FFS is there no end to the incompetence

Mr Kendrick needs to take the same approach as the BEN Marc Iles has done with Notlob and ask the difficult questions.
Challenge don't Curtsey

Didn't realise that after finally playing Macmanan he put him on the wrong side of the pitch - FFS is there no end to the incompetence

Callum has played on the left for most of his career if Im not mistaken

He was on the right for the majority of his time with us when he was at his peak.

The rest of his career wasn't so good if the other clubs kept playing him on the left that would probably not help.
FFS it doesn’t matter where McManaman plays he will not last a game. He plays in fits and starts and spent most of the second half looking for little energy gels!

Interesting comparison from Paul Kendrick.
Personally I thought he is/was too generous after some of the performances today.
https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/fo...athletic-how-they-rated-v-west-brom-1-9522228

In the past hasnt Kendrick said he cant always report everything he knows without effectively burning bridges with the club? I suspect it's similar with the players, if he has to go in and ask all of those players for interviews and such it's probably much harder to get them to give you anything if you are giving them terrible reviews.

Not sure what to say about Kendrick's ratings, other than we must see the game very differently.

Byrne vs Leko was like Clichy vs Mcmanaman in the final, went past him at every given opportunity. Beat everyone else also, but he was directly up against Byrne. Done him with the ball and with his movement. Some of it was due to Lopes not tracking back, being stuck between the ball carrier and covering Leko. So a 5 for me, if we had a player in front of him that tracked back, than a 4 for me. That's being generous, was the worst game i've seen from him since watching him play.

Evans didn't make the most of his shooting chances... He took one shot from roughly twenty five yards from a Grigg(Think it was Grigg) layoff and whilst it went out for a throwing, it wasn't even a half chance, a long range shot with the ball arriving to his right foot from the wrong side. Looked as if he was caught in two minds between a cross and a shot. It was poor don't get me wrong, as he had a free hit and should be doing better.

From our 6 shots today, Windass took two, Grigg one, Dunkley one and Callum with one. Not sure if one miss from long range can be said to be wasting his shooting chances from today's game. He played much better than he did against Sheffield, got on the ball, carried the ball forward a few times and was far less wasteful with possession. Didn't look nervous, was calm and composed. In the past 3 or 4 games i couldn't say that about his play. So a 6 for me, when the wide players start to show some movement off the ball i think we'll see more from him.

Instead of giving them rating's if i was to place players in the position of best to worse from the starting eleven i'd say;
Jones
Dunkley
Evans
Grigg
Naismith
Mcmanaman
Windass
Kipre
Connolly
Byrne
Lopes

Cedric Kipre: 7 - Maintained his record of being the only player to feature in every matchday squad this term, "nothing got past him."

By the way the bit about Kipre is madness.

Anyone else that went or watched the game, what would be your rating's for today's game? We all see different positives and negatives to each players game and on reflection probably would change Jones to an 8 and Dunkley 7.

In the past hasnt Kendrick said he cant always report everything he knows without effectively burning bridges with the club? I suspect it's similar with the players, if he has to go in and ask all of those players for interviews and such it's probably much harder to get them to give you anything if you are giving them terrible reviews.
A guy I used to work with at my local paper was so incensed by the local team’s performance and their right back’s in particular that he gave him a ‘2’. The right back phoned him up the next day and offered to fight him in the club car park. Players can be sensitive souls.....